Skip to content

Back stabbing zombies....bug?

Im playing a shadow dancer and i just backstabbed a lot of zombies....i dont think you are supposed to be able to do that.
Latest version and only 1 mod by Dee bout the thief,shadowdancer,assasin and swasah buckler.

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    You might be thinking of 3e/3.5e, where all undead are immune to sneak attacks. BG is AD&D 2e.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    As far as I know zombies in AD&D are only immune to sleep, charm, hold, death magic, poisons, and cold-based spells.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    I think zombies can be backstabbed. They just can't be sneak attacked (with is a D&D 3x concept).
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    A backstab on zombies can simply means chopping their head off from behind, their neck is probably soft as a ham.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

Thank the gods it works the way it does in BG, where virtually everything can be backstabbed. This nonsense about things being immune to sneak attacks or critical hits is silly. Even without internal organs, virtually everything has weak spots. Zombies have weak or especially rotten bits, skeletons have cracks in the rib cage, etc.

Yeah, the blanket immunities in BG2 are a sore spot for me. We're going to give you these awesome abilities, but you can't use them when it really matters. If your kit is based around it, tough...