Skip to content

I finally beat BG1, and I did it solo. (Maybe spoilers...)

MikeMike Member Posts: 65
I have played Baldur's Gate off and on since it was released, but I have never beaten it until this morning around 1am. I did it with this build. Everything was done legit with the exception of allowing more than one ring of protection and I couldn't understand why the Shadow armour was off limits to my char who can stealth and is allowed to wear studded leather which is what Shadow Armour is anyway... so without further delay. Here is my build, and yes I killed Drizzt... I wanted his swords.

Anyway, I am ready for BG:2 EE now.

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Congrats OP! Now get ready to beat BG2 too! :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Gratz!
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    did you use SK to equip that armor or is there another trick (hehe i was disappointed myself when i realized my stalker couldn't equip that armor, Fighter/thief to save the day)
  • MikeMike Member Posts: 65
    @Felspawn

I used EE Keeper to equip it once I bought it. I know it's totally cheating as it's not allowed by the D&D rule set, but man... It's studded leather, and I rely heavily on stealth when rolling a solo Archer.
    edited November 2013
    @zerckan

Lulz, yes, it is exactly like that... dangit. I should do it over... :(
    Archer kit is restricted to studded leather... unlike rolling a non kit ranger. It would be nice. @Sylvus_Moonbow
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Well it's not big deal.
    Some kits are like cheat themselves. You should solo black pits as well :)
    Thanks @Sylvus_Moonbow

@zerckan, That is a good idea! I tried soloing black pits with a Blackguard. I failed.
    there is actually a set of Studded leather +3 in Urgoths tower i believe, it doesnt provide the bonus to hiding but it's still really good. My Starker was eying that armor before i decided to just re-roll as a Fighter/thief
    @Felspawn

I would take that for sure! I will seek it out.
    Thanks!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Felspawn said:

there is actually a set of Studded leather +3 in Urgoths tower i believe, it doesnt provide the bonus to hiding but it's still really good. My Starker was eying that armor before i decided to just re-roll as a Fighter/thief

Starker, huh? Is that a Slayer of Starks or something?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Congrats @Mike

I think soloing gives you more than enough challenge to allow some cheating.
    Elendar said:

Pretty much, I called my character Winter, Starks were always scared of him, saying Winter is coming....

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    God... imagine Kivan with those stats. Not many characters can get negative thac0 in bg1 so I can imagine how strong it was.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Felspawn said:

Elendar said:

Pretty much, I called my character Winter, Starks were always scared of him, saying Winter is coming....

ew...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    What is that cloak you are wearing?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    It's the Cloak of Starkers, cursed to make everyone around him think he's naked.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Amberion said:

It's the Cloak of Starkers, cursed to make everyone around him think he's naked.

That would be a lot of fun with a certain girdle....