Skip to content

Will Baldurs Gate 2 EE have Dimension Door spell available?

Since it was available and useable in BG1, ans the fact that only Jon Irenicus, Phase Spiders and Cowled Enforcers could use the spell, will it be implemented in BG2 EE?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No. In fact, it was removed from BG:EE because of its potential to break scripts.
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Nah that would take effort and be fun and interesting.

Sorry I will always be butthurt about how under-appreciated the spell is, and how apparently just about everyone only used it to break the game rather than make any legitimate use out of it.
    MortiannaCrevsDaak
  • Hrothgar85Hrothgar85 Member Posts: 3
    What do you mean it could break scripts ans break the game? How so?

What do you mean it could break scripts ans break the game? How so?

Many events are triggered by detecting whether a character has moved into a specified region. If you can jump to any place you can see, you can miss the event with no indication as to why (or that something was supposed to happen in the first place), reach places you weren't supposed to, and generally encounter weirdness since later scripts will usually assume that the "unmissable" event still happened.
    Quartz
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Jalily - It might seem pointless, but for role-play value why not make the spell work as follows: "Transports the player to a world map location previously explored." It could be scripted so that the world map screen transition can be accessed through the spell and the party can be instantly transported to any location previously travelled.

This could work both as a get out of jail-free card, if the party is in trouble and add a bit of roleplay value by removing the time taken to travel between transitions.

It seems like it would be less easy to abuse than to simply travel anywhere you can see. I am quite sad it has been removed - I never abused it and I used it often as well.
    That would break all imprisonment sequences and Chapter 6, as well as a significant portion of BGII.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    You can always console it in ("SCRL1V") and use the scroll. Even though it can be written into your spell book, the icon doesn't appear, so it doesn't look like it can be memorized. There was mod for BG2 that put it back in the game (and one's spell book), so I'm sure there's a way around it.

I can see the reasoning in preventing people from doing game-breaking things with it (especially when combined with Farsight), since many would likely make complaints, but it does suck for those of us who use it responsibly. (I feel there should be a Dos Equis man meme for this.)
    QuartzCrevsDaak
  • Hrothgar85Hrothgar85 Member Posts: 3
    @Jalily - will the monsters levels and stats in BG2EE be increased to realistic proportions? It seems a bit ridiculous and unrealistic at the fact that once you obtain the Greater Deathblow ability, you can basically insta-kill any monster instantly which ruins the game? And will bosses be modified so that they have increases health and resistances, i.e. the battles with Jon Irenicus, he has really low hp and terrible spells, will he modified to make him a challenging, considering he is suppose to be an incredibly powerful wizard?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Did someone saw the BG1 speed run?? There they exploited LOTS of bugs, and after seeing that video, I had learned LOTS of new Cheesing-Tricks! Hehheehe!