Skip to content

Are there any high-resolution screenshots of BG2EE?

I thought I saw one or two a while back, but looking on the official site all the stuff I see is pretty low resolution. I'm wanting to see 1080p, preferably of the remastered areas.

The upscaled terrain from BG1 didn't look very good, but the art assets for BG2 were of a higher quality to accommodate higher resolutions (BG2 art was optimized for a 800x600 display, BG1 art was optimized for a 640x480 display). I'm curious as to whether this slight bump will result in any appreciable difference in Beamdog's upscaling.

Comments

• rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    Along the same lines, how can you increase the resolution of BGEE? I know there is a way, but it wasn't via the graphics setting options. My screen flickers when I load BGEE due to the resolution being slightly different then my desktop, even in full screen, and I wanted to change it to match what I'm using now.
    so i just copy that into the baldur.ini file? i'm running 1440x900, so thats 1440 width, 900 height?
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    That just seems really complicated for something that should be in the options menu....but either way we work with that we got I guess :/
    Hmm... maybe I'm copying it wrong. i disable fullscreen mode, and the game is still sitting around 800x600 resolution (due to it being in the middle of my screen, instead of taking up the full thing, like it should if its properly set to 1440x900.
    Found it! Looks like its under a different setting now.

'Window', 'x', '208',
    'Window', 'y', '66',
    'Window', 'w', '1440',
    'Window', 'h', '900'

w = width, h = height. I disabled UI auto adjustments, and it worked like a champ.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    ...That wasn't "along the same lines" at all.