Skip to content

Alt-tab does not work properly

AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
edited November 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
I have a strange problem with alt-tabbing. When I alt-tab the screen goes black, and not even by using the windows button or alt f4 can i access other applications. The only way to break out of the black screen that I have found is ctrl alt delete.

I was able to alt tab before. As part of the patch-beta testing one of the updates brought this issue.
I was not certain at the time, thinking it was a one-time thing, since I rarely alt-tab and I forgot about it. But it has become a bit of a nuisance now.

Can it be connected with colours or something? Because when I come back to the desktop I get a message about Vista using a different color scheme than normal.

I have a windows vista 32 bit.
graphics driver is Nvidia geforce 560

EDIT: Added in the dxdiag
Post edited by Aristillius on

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Ensure you are not using a display mode with less than 24 bits of colours. This "color scheme" message might be the clue. I think someone had a graphical problem (can't remember if it was alt-tab) and solved it after switching back to 32 bits from 16 bits.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the reply! But where do I ensure the display mode @Isaya?

EDIT: If your thinking about the screen display (in the place where you change screen resolution for the desktop and so on) then it is set to 32 BIT, the other option was 16 BIT.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Aristillius That is what I was thinking of indeed. If it was already on 32 bit, I have no idea what's wrong then.
    edited November 2013
    @Isaya okay, thanks anyway :)

EDIT: Tried to change the display to 16 BIT, but I wasnt allowed to start the game in 16Bit mode (got a crash report).
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Tried WinKey+D? This will minimize all open applications so you'll see your desktop. It's still a workaround.
    winkey + D didnt work sadly :\