Skip to content

waylaid by enemies question

EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
edited November 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
It there any way of returning to a specific area where you were waylaid by enemies?

Ran into a basilisk and want to get Kivan back .... had no scrolls on me .....

Post edited by EnterHaerDalis on

Comments

• EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    You can't go back to random encounter area. If you check the worldmap you won't find any named/unnamed destination which where you waylaid.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Endeavour said:

You can't go back to random encounter area. If you check the worldmap you won't find any named/unnamed destination which where you waylaid.

Well I know that you can return to the spot where you first find Dorn near the Nashkel Mines.

I know this because I released Imoen there and got waylaid at another time and ended up at the same location. I guess it's different than all the rest of them though

Bleh, fucking basilisks ..
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If I'm not mistaken, all the "waylaid" maps are just one area each, and they spawn new creatures each time you enter. So you could try moving back and forth, hoping to trigger a "waylaid" in the correct area. If you do, Kivan should still be there.

I think.
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Unless it was changed for some reason in BGEE, no you cannot. The game uses a randomizer to see if you get waylaid each time and a randomizer influenced by the area of the map your in for what you encounter. After leaving every waylaid area, the mini-zone is discarded into cyber oblivion.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I thought you could get back into the area by getting the same encounter while traveling the same path. Never tried it though so that might just be a rumor.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

It there any way of returning to a specific area where you were waylaid by enemies?

Ran into a basilisk and want to get Kivan back .... had no scrolls on me .....

Waylaid by basilisk.... that really sucks
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The maps aren't discarded. If you get a random encounter that uses the same map as the previous one, anything left will still be there (minus normal world map item decay).

This is more likely to happen if the encounter is in the same region as the previous one.