Skip to content

BG1EE patch1.2 varscona just 1 attck a round

CordellCordell Member Posts: 6
Hi , i allready search but did not find wher/if this information is reported.
I got Varscona (that longsword+2 belonging to Greywolf near Nashkel mine) but when i gave it to my main character (2 stars in longsword skill) it display only 1 attack/round (when its 3/2) with a non magic long sword)
I think there is a bug.

Regard.

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I think it's a bug with the APR in general, as it makes no difference between Vascona or any other longsword.

I just checked with recent game with Khalid, who had 3 pips in longsword and he had 3/2, gave him some XP and gave him 4 pips, and then he had 2 APR.

Seems 1/2 APR is missing indeed.

@Dee
    Did some more testing, and it seems like it's longsword specifically. Check with Khalid and Axes vs Longsword, and indeed the longsword is 1/2 APR behind at all times
    @Balquo @Jalily might be something for you two to check out. :)
  • CordellCordell Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for this fast reply, i check indeed with Khalid and 3 pips got the same result... Just short questions before i decide to continue or not my current game. The Paladin (or the black guard) can spécialize over 2 pips or not (they are fighters if i reminder corectly my long lost ADD rule book)? Is it possible to edit this APR problem in the save (or with a mod)? Should i wait for an update?

Edit: it seems like there is a similar problem with the short sword (1 pips give 1 attack and 2 give 3/2 when it should be 3/2 and 2 ) In this case the competence does not display in the inventory screen before you get the 2 pips skill)
    Post edited by Cordell on
    Paladins only get 2 pips.

Let the team check if the issue is just the displaying of APR that is bugged, or the actual APR itself, before you make a decision. You can most likely EE-keeper yourself the proper APR in case it's bugged.
  • pacekpacek Member Posts: 92
    Khalid with Varscona gets correct 3/2 attacks with 2 pips here. Some faulty reasoning going on here.
    Cordell said:

Edit: it seems like there is a similar problem with the short sword (1 pips give 1 attack and 2 give 3/2 when it should be 3/2 and 2 ) In this case the competence does not display in the inventory screen before you get the 2 pips skill)

This is how it should work. Problem with longswords is that he doesn't get 3/2 until 3 pips
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited November 2013
    Cordell said:

This is wrong. One star just removes penalty, two stars give a warrior class character (fighter, paladin, ranger, barbarian) an extra 1/2 attack per round.
    A warrior class gains 1/2 attack per round at level 7. So if you're not level 7 or more, having 1 attack with 1 star and 3/2 attack with 2 stars is just normal behaviour.
    Khalid at level 1 (and 2 stars in long sword) properly get 3/2 attack with normal long sword and Varscona with patch 1.2 (at least for me). Both in character sheet and inventory.
    The problem seems to be going from 2 pips to 3.
    Just created a new char, gave him two pips in longsword and bastard sword, and then leveled him up to get an extra pip and no difference in APR for either bastard sword or longsword
    @Sed That's how it's supposed to work. http://www.beamdog.com/files/bgee/BGManual2.pdf
    Page 52 is your friend.
    edited November 2013
    @Sed With BGEE with patch 1.2, due to the content of swpatck.2da file (beware, the content shown is for BG2, but I give the link for the description, use Near Infinity to look at the BGEE content), you only an extra 1/2 attack when you get 5 stars.
    Obviously (in French at least), the description in game does not match the configuration of the file.
    @pacek
    It does indeed to work as in the manual, but that doesn't align with the ingame description saying you will get 1/2 attack per pip spent.
    @Isaya
    Seems the ingame descriptions need a change then ^^
    In-game descriptions don't stack as you add pips. They are a description of the total bonuses at that level. Yes it's a bit confusing at first.
    @pacek You're right, I made the mistake about stacking. There's still a small issue in French as the grand master level only mentions 1/2 attack but it's specific to French.
    The manuals, at least french and english versions, are in line with the game behaviour. Only grand master gets 1 extra attack.
  • CordellCordell Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the link Pacek, i assume i should check that before posting.
    Indeed the character i checked is only one pip not 2 so My mistake! Like said an other newcomer in BG:
    I am really, really sorry.... ^^

To admin: you can erase this subject (or editing as solved if you think its necessary)

PS thanks again everyone for the fast fact-checking
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not a bug.
This discussion has been closed.