Skip to content

Resting and protection from evil in multiplayer?

tenkakahntenkakahn Member Posts: 110
In single player resting regenshealth and spells while in multiplayer only spells are refreshed.

Is this intended or bug?

In single player protection from evil prevents you from being charmed/confused while in multiplayer it doesn't.

Is this intended or bug?

If intended for multiplayer to make it more difficult what are some of the ways around these issues?

Comments

• tenkakahntenkakahn Member Posts: 110
    Anyone have any idea why Resting in a multiplayer game doesn't regen health? Or why protection from evil doesn't help against charm/fear?
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    This seems to be a matter of settings. Is your multiplayer game set to rest until healed?

As for protection against evil, it does not and should not give immunity to charm and confusion. Are you sure it is actually protection against evil that prevented being confused in single player? Perhaps it was another effect? perhaps your character simply got a high enough roll to evade the effects?
    No I just read on these forums the only way to prevent fear and charm was protection from evil I must have been misinformed is there another way to prevent these things?

Also I did notice that box rest until healed awesome will check it out next time I rest thanks!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    As for preventing fear, the first level cleric spell "Remove Fear" gives immunity to fear for a time.

The 5th level cleric spell "chaotic commands" will protect you from confusion, among other things. And there should be a few items in the game that will grant you immunity, I believe.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    "No I just read on these forums the only way to prevent fear and charm was protection from evil I must have been misinformed is there another way to prevent these things?"

That was a really old bug from the original BG1 that did that. Its no longer applicable. Either Remove Fear (level 1 cleric spell), Resist Fear (level 2 mage spell), or the bard song will protect you from fear. Protection from evil will only provide an armor class bonus vs evil creatures attacking you (as well as make you appear invisible to demons). As Elendar stated there are a handful of items that can protect you from fear or charm in BGEE.
    What are those items I tried the necklace with 10 charges but it doesn't seem to work