Skip to content

With all these new icons, did Joia's ring, Perdue's sword, the Colquetle amulet, etc. get new ones?

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
So that we don't leave them to rot on the bodies or sell them to vendors?

Actually, I already know the Colquetle's Family Amulet did not, I'm just wondering about the others.

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    From what I can remember, Perdue's Sword did not.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    There's no new icons.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Joia's don't really need one, it stands out quite nice anyway.
    Perdue's Sword is in dire need of a new icon though. Can't remember the other items, some probably needs something to distinguish them from the normal trash items.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    The Colquetle Amulet can't be found anymore, as I already wrote in another thread about the matter.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    edited November 2013
    Blash said:

The Colquetle Amulet can't be found anymore, as I already wrote in another thread about the matter.

It looks like you discovered it rot. That happens. :/ Not good design, but not a bug, either.
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    Blash said:

I've looted it in both of my games so far.

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I never found the Colquetle Amulet until the EE. :p
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2013
    GemHound said:

I don't think it was possible to find the Colquetle Amulet until EE :)
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    TJ_Hooker said:

GemHound said:

I don't think it was possible to find the Colquetle Amulet untill EE :)
    The quest was unfinished.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/269803/#Comment_269803
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    PugPug said:

Eh? I did that quest quite recently, and was delighted to discover that you can get either +1 or -1 reputation for it, depending on your answers.
    I'm not sure if it was pre-patch or post-patch, though.
    PugPug said:

With all these new icons, did Joia's ring, Perdue's sword, the Colquetle amulet, etc. get new ones? So that we don't leave them to rot on the bodies or sell them to vendors?

Perdue's sword still looks like a normal short sword - but given that you were asked to find a sword stolen by a gnoll, and there's only one gnoll in the world carrying a shortsword in addition to standard issue gnoll halberd, it's hard to mistake it for anything else. And it's description and mouse-over text both say 'Perdue's sword', so that's a massive hint too. Considering that short swords sell for something like 4 gps or less, I don't think many players collect them to sell them in bulk, and that's the only way I think you could make a mistake of selling it.
    Personally, I think it's neat BG has some very common, mundane items that are unique only because they have sentimental value for their owners, like Jola's ring, murdered family's jewelry or dead friend's dagger. It adds a flavor to already delicious game. :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Syntia13 said:

PugPug said:

Eh? I did that quest quite recently, and was delighted to discover that you can get either +1 or -1 reputation for it, depending on your answers.
    I'm not sure if it was pre-patch or post-patch, though.
    It was unfinished in the original game. The unique amulet and the rewards were added in patch 2014.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If you know where they are, you won't miss them. I never saw another Gnoll dropping a short sword, so I never confused it. For Joia's ring, well, I have to say that I sometimes lost it. And I didn't knew anything about the other amulet, and I never entered to that house in Beregost :P