Skip to content

Dwarven Defender ("what iam missing?")

20% dmg red passive + 50%dmg reduction from stance+ 40% dmg red from HLA= 110% dmg red from physical attacks? . That means he/she is going to be immune to physical dmg?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    (Post deleted)
  • TzampapaizeisTzampapaizeis Member Posts: 67
    obviously iam aware of it or any other form of elemental dmg...but still for physical only it sounds OP.
    And i just want to make clear its not a whine post.. since i got a dwarven defender rdy to import to BG 2 EE.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Will they be healed by physical damage? I would love that, at the end of a fight your team starts beating up CHARNAME to help them recover.
    pixie359 said:

Will they be healed by physical damage? I would love that, at the end of a fight your team starts beating up CHARNAME to help them recover.

Kinda accurate joke on what iam trying to say here :)
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Presumably the bonuses are multiplicative, meaning they total up to "only" 84% reduction.
    edited November 2013
    enqenq said:

Presumably the bonuses are multiplicative, meaning they total up to "only" 84% reduction.

Lets hope it is that way .. but iam pretty sure it wasnt like this at BG2 i remeber my barb had 20% passive+40% from HLA to a total of 60% but i guess that could change in BG 2 EE.

Either way the prob still remain 84% or 100% really tiny difference to a 250 hp(forThePowerGamers) dwarven defender at those lvls...it sound like immune to me

I never looked into this, was it actually listed under your character sheet as 60% physical resistance or did it just seem like it from damage numbers? 'cause if they were multiplicative you'd have 52% resistance which would be close enough that you could confuse them.

Either way I assume the devs wouldn't make a blunder such as allowing you to get 110% physical resistance ^^
    enqenq said:

I never looked into this, was it actually listed under your character sheet as 60% physical resistance or did it just seem like it from damage numbers? 'cause if they were multiplicative you'd have 52% resistance which would be close enough that you could confuse them.

Either way I assume the devs wouldn't make a blunder such as allowing you to get 110% physical resistance ^^

I really hope so , cause that fatshort class pissing on my favourite class(barbarian) not only in BG series but in all rpgs i v played .

edited November 2013
    And now the whine part BOOST barb they are so outdated and underpowered compared to most or all fighter classes :)))
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    enqenq said:

It's probably correct, considering that you have to use both a high level ability and a class ability at the same time. You will indeed be immune to damage, but the duration will be very short and only applies to physical damage.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Yes it will heal you. This was possible in BG2 with crushing attacks and Roranach's Horn (and with all damage types if you had a modded barbarian/thief).

Obviously this is a rather powerful ability, but the DD is giving up GM which is a big deal now.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    This is a pretty good kit but you sacrifice duel/multi classing - Nothing wrong with straight fighters (and the shorty bonus) but adding cleric/thief/mage is a lot to give up power wise
    It's a trade of worth considering
    Sceptenar said:

but the duration will be very short and only applies to physical damage.

Very short? Defensive Stance lasts a turn, and Hardiness lasts 1 round per 2 levels if memory serves.

P.S. Stop trying to kill Roy :(
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    their slowmotion ability is really not that great with SCS. Ok you can endure everything, the problem is nobody will even bother you. Enemies will chase weaker party members and your move speed penalty will hurt as much as you can imagine
    edited November 2013
    mackos said:

their slowmotion ability is really not that great with SCS. Ok you can endure everything, the problem is nobody will even bother you. Enemies will chase weaker party members and your move speed penalty will hurt as much as you can imagine

The truth is iam looking forward to use this mod (SCS) or ascension or w/e..never played the game moded.
    It really sad that the game is so easy even on impossible dificulty. I am gonna give a shoot on those kind of mods that increase the AI of the monsters , and it does not bug the game like hell offc.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    enqenq said:

Sceptenar said:

but the duration will be very short and only applies to physical damage.

Very short? Defensive Stance lasts a turn, and Hardiness lasts 1 round per 2 levels if memory serves.

P.S. Stop trying to kill Roy :(
    The big hitters you would normally use it against (like Yaga-Shura, Abazigal, Demogorgon) will likely last far longer than a single turn, which means you need to spend multiple uses to keep it off, and you have to be able to keep the enemy engaged, which can be difficult especially when considering the movement rate penalty.

And Roy has it coming, he's stealing the spotlight from Elan.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Take a look at readme for SCS - even reading is a joy. Use all components, espacially precast spells for mages. BG EE with SCS is a different game. It is not extremely hard (it would be annoying!), it is just challanging