Skip to content

Interactions with BG2

How are they going to manage the transition from bg1ee to 2ee? As bgt did it with a dialog for when you're done adventuring?

Also, are they going to merge in higher level spells from bg2 into 1 so that we can have them available? When I solo bg1 as a mage I usually end up at around level 12 with a sixth level spell, and those aren't in the game yet... As it is I've bought bgee from Steam and beamdog and I find I'm playing my old Big World setup despite the nice updates just because higher level spells aren't in yet.

Please understand I'll be buying Bg2ee even if I won't be playing it just to support more work on my favorite game series of all time. Heck I still have the hand labeled burned CDs that Dr. Ray Muzyka sent of an early BG build so I could test it on pre-released AMD processors when I worked there.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    What's up! :)

You'll be able to import your BG:EE savegame from within BGII:EE; it won't be the same as BGT (in that, it's not one seamless game), but the import process should be very smooth.

I don't believe there are any plans to bring the high level spells into BG:EE currently.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    LiamEsler said:

I don't believe there are any plans to bring the high level spells into BG:EE currently.

The spells are just missing the scrolls, they are there, but the scrolls are not, just play a sorcerer!!
    I think the way of importing your save game will be the like BG1 -> BG2, when BG1 is installed, it created folders elsewhere from the main game directory, and BG2 browsed there for them.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    CrevsDaak said:

I think the way of importing your save game will be the like BG1 -> BG2, when BG1 is installed, it created folders elsewhere from the main game directory, and BG2 browsed there for them.

It's not at all what I experienced.
    I'm quite sure that BG2 has no browser to choose directory and you actually need to copy the character file or the save game into the BG2 directory.