Skip to content

Dual-Classing

ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
@Dee Idk exactly how close you are associated with BGEE and the development. But I'd personally like to see this, what im going to say here. Lets say i was a fighter, then i dual classed into a mage. I'd like the character to change their outfit to resemble the class you dualed into. So to clarify what im saying. Fighters have the vest as their set clothes. And mages have that long tunic/dress. Id like to see my character that i dual classed into a mage, have the set clothing appearance of one, instead of still looking like a fighter. Just a request, thats all. :)
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    I hope this made some sense. I tried my best to explain it.
    @Dee , do you think this would be possible?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Potentially. I don't know that it will be implemented.
  • needsmoarhamstersneedsmoarhamsters Member Posts: 30
    I think you can do this with console commands already, if you don't mind using them. There's a CTRL-'x' keypress that changes your paperdoll and in-game appearance. I think CTRL-6 and CTRL-7 cycle through your model, but I don't remember how to change the doll in your inventory screen.

It would be nice to have this as something you can reconfigure on the fly, like your primary and secondary colors, maybe only for the PC.
  • EEKeeper can change the paper doll/avatar. I believe BGTweaks also has an avatar morphing script that can be used to accomplish this.
    @Kaigen yeaaaah... the problem is im not computer smart and dont know how to do all that stuff... lol
  • akaineakaine Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    The BG2 Tweaks mod's option called "Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)" does exactly this (http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-bg2tweaks.html). It changes how you look depending on the gear you put on. The mod is already partially compatible with the EE engine and the authors work hard to bring it to a full compatibility.

It has one side effect though, If you edit your character's appearance in EEKeeper, say make elf look like human (I always do since I hate how elf mage looks, while I want to play a multiclass), the script will change it back to elf each time you change your gear.