Skip to content

Share your custom parties

I made a custom party that I intend to use throughout the entire trilogy which I hope is balanced and not over powered. Keeping each characters stats to something similar to those of an NPC you would find perhaps. Share your custom parties that you've played through or one that you intend to use and import into BG2:EE. Tell us how you made them to play, or what theme you wanted to use.

I wanted to create a party where I had one of each race, the full spectrum of alignments with a variety of roles. Tank, off tank, 2 ranged dps, a melee dps, 2 thieves, loremaster, disabler, party buffer, healer, leader, offensive mage, offensive priest. To have each character wield different weapons, 1 sharp and 1 blunt eventually where applicable. To have nearly each character wear different armour types. Tomes that are spread out equally.

Severon
Elf
Chaotic Neutral
Fighter / Mage / Thief

STR 15
DEX 19
CON 17
INT 16
WIS 10
CHA 9

Short Sword: +
Short Bow: ++
Single Weapon Style: +

Severon is the protagonist of the group and the one with a slightly higher stat total to reflect his heritage. Used mainly as a support for whatever the situation requires. Primarily serves as ranged but in tougher fights, uses some party buffs such as Haste and Invisibility 10' Radius. Will cast self buffs such as Improved Invisibility, Stoneskin, Strength etc before making the initial backstab. Retreats to ranged once he's accomplished it. Severon will also be the main thief, putting skill points into Lockpick, Find Traps and Stealth. He'll be the character that uses the DEX tome.

Loralynn
Half-Elf
Lawful Good
Cleric / Ranger

STR 15
DEX 16
CON 17
INT 9
WIS 17
CHA 10

Mace: ++
Sword and Shield: ++
Two Weapon Style: ++

Loralynn serves as the primary tank. She also buffs the party before combat with Chant, Protection from Evil, Defensive Harmony etc. She'll also be the designated healer out of combat. She'll be the one to use the 3x WIS tomes.

Grakas
Half-Orc
Chaotic Evil
Barbarian

STR 19
DEX 15
CON 16
INT 7
WIS 9
CHA 8

Axe: ++
Two Weapon Style: ++

Grakas is the melee damage dealer of the group. Does nothing else but charge in, tearing enemies limb from limb which he does well at. His Rage ability will help ensuring that there's always pressure on the enemy spellcaster. He'll get the STR tome.

Kasdi
Dwarf
Lawful Evil
Fighter / Cleric

Warhammer: ++
Sling: ++

Kasdi is the secondary tank when required. When she's not needed for the front, she'll remain at ranged with her sling. She also serves as the primary offensive priest, casting Command, Hold Person, Silence, Flame Strike etc. She'll be the one using the CON tome.

Aliora
Human
Chaotic Good
Fighter / Mage

STR 15
DEX 17
CON 8
INT 17
WIS 9
CHA 18

Long Sword: +
Long Bow: ++
Single Weapon Style: +

Aliora starts off as a Fighter as a ranged damage dealer. When she reaches level 5, she duels to a mage and becomes the primary offensive spellcaster. She'll be the one to cast the Magic Missiles, Fireballs, Thunderbolts etc, whilst remaining an archer when not using her spells. She's also the diplomat and tends to be the one doing most of the talking and shopping. She'll get the CHA tome.

Quorry
Gnome
Lawful Neutral
Illusionist / Thief

STR 9
DEX 16
CON 10
INT 19
WIS 17
CHA 12

Dagger: +
Crossbow: +

Quorry is the main disabling spellcaster. Casting Blind, Sleep, Web, Chaos etc. His thieving abilities will primarily be focused on Set Traps and then Pickpocket. This is mostly due to character flavour, due to being a gnome and tinkering with contraptions and devices. He's also the designated loremaster reducing the need for having to memorise Identify spells. To this end he'll get the INT tome.

Comments

• XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    Im on my phone so I can't do as much detail, but I usually run a multiplayer party like this:

Bhaalejah- female human fighter (dual to Mage at the end of BG1. She's an aggressive warrior who is out for blood, any excuse will do (such as avenging Gorion). After defeating Sarevok in the final duel she sees the dark path she's going down and decides to devote her life to magic and protecting the weak. She switches to Mage throughout BG2 and TOB. The image I have for her is very similar to Imoen, so they work well together as thief/Mage and fighter/Mage.

Next is Duggers the dwarf defender. Quiet and always in a bad mood. Dual wields axes. (easily replaceable with Dorn or another tank)

3rd is Bassilus (a carbon copy of the crazy guy in BG1). He's a cleric of Talos. Insane, but useful in a fight. Bhaalejah sees him as a constant reminder of her own evil past, but feels like she is rehabilitating him by keeping him out of trouble.

4th is Habillish, my halfling shadow dancer. He drinks a lot and isnt very disciplined for a shadow dancer. He takes it for granted. He pops in and out of Bhaalejah's adventures to fill in when Imoen isn't around, but maybe Hexxat will fill the void better.

5th is my favorite. Tiddlywinks the gnome jester. he likes to play his songs, use magic weapons, and cast supporting spells, but in close quarters he likes to fence with a long sword. He's following Bhaalejah so he can write a historical poem about her life, sung to the tune of pop-goes the weasel.

Finally we have Xercela, the sister of my best solo charachter Xerxes. She's a dragon disciple sorceress who respects Bhaalejah's power, but hopes to corrupt her back to evil. She has a tentative alliance with Bassilus since he is evil, but she hates him for being stupid.

This is my primary RP party. It's spellcaster heavy, especially with Imoen, but that's how I like it. The fighter/Mage specializes in fighting buffs, the bard is there to disrupt enemies, Imoen targets spellcasters, and the dragon disciple handles offensive and area of effect spells.

If I don't use this type of party I usually solo with a Cavalier or Xerxes my necromancer. Sorry, that's a lot to type on a phone. Whew.
  • GLoBaLGLoBaL Member Posts: 13
    These were both amazing;

Thank you!

Truly appreciate the lore