Skip to content

Introduce Your Import Character!

LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
So, a while back there was this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11720/post-your-guy#latest

And I thought it would be cool to start a new one using the characters we are going to import into BG2:EE. I've been talking about Veraka all over the boards, so I figure it's time I flaunt her fine form. I won't lie, I played her game on Normal mode instead of Core Rules (I am doing core rules for more recent games to up the challenge a little) but I had a blast playing through the game with her. At the end of the day, isn't fun what it's all about? ^_^

So, no judgments here for being overpowered, or for being gimp. Just post the character you love.

EDIT: Credit goes to YngvarAsplund at DeviantArt here for the art: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Cumulonimbus-166696236

Also Wik: I'm not suggesting everyone does it, but a few inventory shots have been posted so I figured you could see my messy packrat inventory as well. Besides, look how cool the chainmail +3 is on the paperdoll. ^_~
Post edited by LordRumfish on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Thank you kindly @thespace I struggled to find a good piece of jester art.
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    I decided to go with Tiddlywinks, my gnome-jester (technically a half-elf with the SKEE appearance of a gnome). He wants to meet Jan in BG2. I might have to illegally import his Captive Audience harp since he worked so hard to buy it in Ulgoth's Beard.

I wanted a character who stands in the background so I can focus on the new NPCs. Next play through is a mega-party of the Charnames in my last 6 runs.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607

I present Jannek. While a little simple-minded he's full of sagely advice from his foster father and a complete beast with a warhammer.
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    Introducing Foxilon Thistledown, Gnome Extraordinaire!

I originally had intended to play through as a pure Gnome Illusionist, but the bald dwarf avatar just annoyed me so much that I restarted as an Illusionist/Thief just to get a more gnome-like appearance. Can't really say I regret it, since thief and illusionist really do work well together. His stats are higher than I usually have, but that was just pure dumb (but welcome!) luck, combined with a few items, manuals, and some buff spells since this is my final_save shot right after the battle with his evil twin (well, evil, anyway) brother. Game was played on core rules. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in BG2.

I have to admit this has been one of my most enjoyable playthroughs, especially since I was using this to test for beta as well. I poked my little gnomish nose into every corner of the game, and managed to get into plenty of trouble! Despite that, it was also one of the easiest playthroughs I've ever done. For whatever reason, the team (Ajantis, Khalid, Jaheira, Yeslick, Imoen, and Foxi) just synced really well, with the last two working together as scouts to great effect (Imoen specializing in traps & locks, Foxi specializing in stealth). Having Imoen kite any enemies into a party ambush and leaving Foxi behind for some backstabbing and spell-sniping action rendered a lot of encounters far easier than I've experienced in the past with a more direct playstyle.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Some nice portraits in here :)
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Purchased Baldur's Gate three times, finished it last night for the first time ever with these characters. I didn't use a full party just two I created, Thorin Dunn and Volas Swiftstick. Look forward to continuing though I think I'll use the npc characters in the second for the banter.

• KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Krotok

Dwarf

LG

F/C

BG1 party was Imoen, Rasaad, Neeria, Ajantis and Coran.

BG2 Party will be Imoen, Anomen, Rasaad, Neera and Keldorn (will let him retire with his family and replace with Sarevok).
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    And another: a solo, random, no-reload assassin that is extremely paranoid, and is somewhat delusional.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Meagloth the great and not so powerful due inability to remove XP cap on the iPad!!!image
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Meet my avatar, Decane Alucard!

Decane grew up peacefully in Candlekeep, spending the hours doing chores, reading books, and, most importantly, singing and playing instruments. The adventure books enchanted her as a child, and ever since, she's always dreamed of traveling the world and sharing heroic adventures with any passerbys through the beauty of song. Although... Little did she believe that she would become the protagonist of her own adventure.

(She's all buffed up for her final battle against Sarevok.)

And hey, may as well post the star of my fanfic too, while I'm at it...

Non-canonical party, I know. Coran's mostly there for the fact that I needed a thief to take Imoen's place in Durlag's Tower while she's been dual-classed, and after going through that hellhole, he's just decided to stick around. And Neera's there because... Neera. :P

Markra's always had the thirst for adventure. He liked Candlekeep, but nothing has ever satisfied him. He wanted to take his own stride, go out in the world and carve his own destiny... I have but one phrase: careful what you wish for, because Markra sure as heck got it. He'll be entering BG2 come December, hardened into a magic-flinging fighter far from his book-keeping days.

(And he, too, is all buffed up to fight Sarevok.)

Whee, sharing!
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    omg! to all of you that have custom portraits. I WANTS EM!!!!

I've spent alot of time searching the net for cool portraits, and those are just cool, gorgeous and awesome! can you plz share? ^^
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2013
    my solo blackguard.
    it bugged when I killed Saverok. Right after the cinematic, it jumped right out of the game.
    no matter how many times I tried reloading, this bug always came.
    My adventures in BG1EE with him ended here.
    Can't wait until BG2EE :=)

Oh yea... Mindflayrs will be my undoing :D
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Well of course my first playthrough is going to be my Undead Hunter Kirito-kun.

• SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2013
    I really want to know where all of you are getting these portraits. I like the one for my character, fortunately, but there have been other characters where none of the base ones fit (especially all the half orc women).

Anyway, I never rolled higher than an 89 or so, then a friend started rolling his bard and almost immediately cracked 90. So I got a little feisty with the game and pushed until I got a 94, which I considered ridiculous. I actually landed a 96 after that, but I kept the 94 because it gave my archer 18/83 strength as opposed to 18/12 and I didn't know how much that would end up mattering. (Quite a bit, as it turned out.)

After a regular playthrough, I decided to prep for BG2 by running her solo without a level cap. That meant, on top of the experience, she got to take every book for herself. I think Sarevok has 98 stat points; here's Miss 101, directly after kicking that fool and his minions up and down the street.

I can't wait to see how absurd her thac0 is at level 25 with endgame ToB weapons.

P.S. I realize other characters have over 101 stat points, but how did the one- Morgan- end up at 106? Is it possible to roll a 99 total?
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Southpaw said:

Thraxx said:

(Blackguard INT 3) Oh yea... Mindflayrs will be my undoing :D

We'll much you like a cracker!
    Sorry to say but with only 3 in INT, it will be more like a very small appetizer for you guys.

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    @onan @Southpaw
    Well, a cracker is smaller than an appetizer. :3
    Now. Try roleplaying that intelligence, and now try to figure out how he became a Blackguard.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Maybe he's an idiot savant who can barely speak but has an intuitive grasp of the Abyssal language?