Skip to content

most OP class Kit for BG:EE youve seen?

KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
Whats the most Over Powered Class Kit for BG:EE youve seen? Are there Kits that would allow you to solo/duo the whole game?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2013
    From what I hear, you can solo the game with pretty much any class/kit as long as you're experienced enough.

As far as the new kits go, I haven't really tried them out much, but I think Blackguard and Shadowdancer are the 2 most likely to be considered OP. The Blackguard because the bonuses far outweigh the penalties, at least in my opinion. The Shadowdancer because, once you get to a high enough level to stealth reliably, you can pretty much just chain-backstab anything to death and the enemy won't even get a chance to strike back, although that may change as I think they're planning on making some changes to the kit in the next patch.

Edit: I didn't notice that this was in the modding forum. If you were talking about kits introduced through mods for BG:EE, then I don't know, as I haven't tried any.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Druidic Sorcerer and Geomantic Sorcerer (both are added via mod.) I mean, even in their descriptions they mention how OP they are, but who cares if you're having fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    Bhaaldog said:

Kenze said:

Are there Kits that would allow you to solo/duo the whole game?

One or two...

care to elaborate a bit further? :)
    Evinfuilt said:

Druidic Sorcerer and Geomantic Sorcerer (both are added via mod.) I mean, even in their descriptions they mention how OP they are, but who cares if you're having fun.

I haven't heard of either of those mods. where would i find them and are they BG:EE compatible?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    ALAS, this is the most OP kit I've found in the Modding section:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16637/eldritch-knight-sorcerer-kit-v1/p1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited April 2013
    @spaceinvader -weeps-
    Tome said:
    Haha! As a "test", it was a lot better than many kits I've seen ;p
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Kenze said:

Bhaaldog said:

Kenze said:

Are there Kits that would allow you to solo/duo the whole game?

One or two...

care to elaborate a bit further? :)
    There are relatively few traps if any that you MUST go through. Not every chest needs to be opened (I know blasphemy! haha.. That chest was provoking me by being locked!). Not every sidequest needs to be undertaken. Not every little girl needs her kitten returned.

If you shot straight through the specific game stages and boss fights, it should be possible to solo the game with the majority of classes. It would take a long time if you were a cleric or something though maybe due to 1 apr. I dunno maybe you can summon some skeletons. Potions and scrolls would help.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    @spaceinvader Heh, just kidding. I was only trying to get a grip with WeiDu-must say DLTCEP is a lot more usable. I keep planning to go back and balance it, but I really can't be bothered. :P
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    The main concern if you are going to run through all the content is to avoid is the fight against the Greater Werewolf with a cleric or cleric multi-class. You either need to cheese that fight or you need to avoid it entirely (both of these options are possible).

If you are doing a no-reload solo challenge, then Durlag's Tower also presents very high risk for any non-thief so you need to think about that one and be ready to rest and buff frequently.
    @AHF well, with a cleric multiclass it isn't that hard...
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Solo Cleric should be able to take care of the Werewolves with the Flamestrike Wand ( Heavens? Can't remember ).
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Shadowdancer. Instant invisibility cancels all the spells thrown at him. Doesn't need low AC since he can simply hide after backstab. Needs absurd amount of micromanaging, though.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Shadowdancer is not OP, playing this kit is more like cheating.. Dwarfen Defender special ability is OP
    could someone make a really OP kit that would be fun too

@AHF well, with a cleric multiclass it isn't that hard...

@SpaceInvader - What is your strategy? No weapon works so you are left with only spells, items and traps (do they work?). A F/C can't hurt it with a weapon so it is just like a lower level cleric as far as options. For a cleric thief, it is traps and spells (glyphs can be cheesily spammed, cause wounds can do some damage that is regenerated, etc.). A F/M/C can't get 4th level spells so you can't tap into stoneskin/fireshield but can go with skull traps (lightning bolts and fireballs only hit once and are completely healed by the next round). A M/C should have some additional options with fire shield combinations. At the end it still sounds like maybe traps (I've never tested those), fire shield, spammed skull traps, spammed glyphs, or similar strategies that are generally considered cheese by my count but you are very good at coming up with good ideas so I may be missing something.
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, doublepost.
    edited April 2013
    @AHF
    C/T: aggro Karoug in the upper corner of the room where you find Balduran's Sword, drink a potion of invisibility/cast Sanctuary, place all your traps in the souther part of the floor, get out the ship, rest, repeat the process.
    Once the traps are enough put a piece of meat in the middle, assume Mr Burns position and say "Excellent!" with the right timing...... Or simply aggro him back there...

F/C/T: Same story.

C/M: Aggro him in the same upper corner, invisibility, fill the space between you and him with Glyphs and Skulltraps, fire a Fireball to aggro him again, toasted!
  • MikeMike Member Posts: 65
    I think the Archer kit is pretty deadly. With boots speed and arrows of detonation I solo'd Drizzt without ever being touched by kiting him. Just confess your sins to the local church before doing the deed.

That being said, I like being able to play these supposed OP kits, I mean after all your supposed to have god's blood coursing through your veins.

@AHF
    C/T: aggro Karoug in the upper corner of the room where you find Balduran's Sword, drink a potion of invisibility/cast Sanctuary, place all your traps in the souther part of the floor, get out the ship, rest, repeat the process.
    Once the traps are enough put a piece of meat in the middle, assume Mr Burns position and say "Excellent!" with the right timing...... Or simply aggro him back there...

F/C/T: Same story.

C/M: Aggro him in the same upper corner, invisibility, fill the space between you and him with Glyphs and Skulltraps, fire a Fireball to aggro him again, toasted!

These cheesy exploits were all I was aware of as well.
    At the end it still sounds like maybe traps (I've never tested those), fire shield, spammed skull traps, spammed glyphs, or similar strategies that are generally considered cheese by my count but you are very good at coming up with good ideas so I may be missing something.
    Skulltraps were how I ended up doing it when my F/M/C went solo. As an aside, if you use the glyphs then you have to have an absolute ton of them since they only do damage when he fails his saving throw and he makes most of them. Skull traps are the easier way to do it. You can also lead him out of the ship to an area where you have already set all these traps/spells if you don't want to sit through the situation where you are setting traps/spells/etc. on the same floor as Karoug without him supposedly noticing.

Either way, people need to be aware they will be in the realm of cheesing him if their character is solo or a group that is small and comprised of clerics.
  • dzidek1983dzidek1983 Member Posts: 5
    i wanted to ask? can the Kensai in BGEE still be a great archer with throwing axes? i know in BG2 it ws possible as he got his bonuses added to them...