Skip to content

system requirements?

Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
edited July 2012 in Android (Archive)
In another post I asked about the size of the game. But of course the game will only be available for you if your android tablet supports the game.

So: what will the system requirements be?

Personal note:

I surely hope something less than a Tegra chip will also run the game. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 with a dual-core OMAP processor - will BGEE be off-limits for me or not?

Comments

• lars_rosenberglars_rosenberg Member Posts: 15
    Baldur's Gate runs very smooth with gemRB, which is an emulator, on my Xoom and my Galaxy S2... I guess it will be lighter when it will run natively on android.
    And as we know it will support iPad 1, with a single core processor
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I would like to know this too. I own a Tegra 2 tablet (1st gen. asus transformer) myself, but the only tablet I have seen talked about in official statements is the Nexus 7 (A Tegra 3 tablet). If BG:EE will run on my tablet then I will wait for the android release for the game, if not then I would like to pre-order the PC version now...
  • ProgrammdudeProgrammdude Member Posts: 4
    GemRB isn't an emulator, it's a rewrite of the source code. Therefore the enhanced edition in theory it should run about as well GemRB.
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    the biggest game I came across on Android was 1.2GB that was huge game for android I forgot the name of it.

let's say the game will be compressed down to 700MB that's not included with voice overs.
    With Voice Overs it might be as big as 1.4 / 1.5GB it's OK because you can transfer the game to the SD Card. to save storage.

I just guessing here :)
  • SylviusSylvius Member Posts: 2
    I'd like the developpers to make a list of compatible android tablets..
    Do the early android tablet with a Tegra 2 system work with BGEE ?
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    Bards Call on android is over 3GB for the HD data.

I would be very surprised if BG:EE is Tegra only game. The requirements for the PC version of the game are very low, so the android requirements should also be pretty low.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    well i certainly hope not. i have note 10.1 and it has one of the best hardware on android tablet market right now (as far as i know). i really want to have a portable version of bg:ee to carry around with me... :/
    they really need to post list of compatible devices, not just hinting at nvidia (trent's tweet)
  • matimeomatimeo Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10" tablet, but I want to know if it'll run this good or not before I drop the cash on it, or if I have to drop $75 more for the Asus TF300.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Get the TF300, it is way better =D (And I have only seen it a bit cheaper than the Samsung? Weird.)
  • palpatine87palpatine87 Member Posts: 4
    I hope it would work on my chinese tablet that uses Boxchip A10, 1.5GHz Cortex A8 as it's prosessor. It shouldn't be a problem, but so often has google play F it up and says that my tablet ain't compatible with app, so fingers crossed
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Animeware said:

the biggest game I came across on Android was 1.2GB that was huge game for android I forgot the name of it.

let's say the game will be compressed down to 700MB that's not included with voice overs.
    With Voice Overs it might be as big as 1.4 / 1.5GB it's OK because you can transfer the game to the SD Card. to save storage.

I just guessing here :)

I just looked on my slate and The Bard's Tale is 3.34GB. My Note 10.1 (Exynos 4412) handles that game buttery smooth.....

I would be crushed if BG:EE only supports Tegra 3 chipsets. Thankfully for myself and others without a Tegra devise, is that the Nexus 10 has an Exynos chipset. This alone would hopefully persuade them to support all platforms.
  • kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    Unless they've heavily optimised the game to run on Tegra 3 I can't see why they couldn't have it running across many android devices quite quickly. They'll certainly want to reach as many people as possible. I have a Nexus 10 and most things I've tried play well on it (e.g. Bard's Tale). I guess we just have to wait and see... I'd hoped to see the release before Christmas but I need to learn a little patience I think ;)
    They updated Android to "coming soon" at the start page :D Doubt that it means too much, but feels better than "TBA".
    When they switched the ipad to "coming soon" the first version was submitted to the app sore about a week later, so I hope this means the same thing for android.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Trent tweeted, that they are working on it and it will take "little more time".
    From the looks of it, we won't get a Christmas gift, but don't lose hope. we were waiting for almost 15 years now to get proper Bg port to android, so we can wait few. ore days. (I know gemrb works, but it's glitchy. I tried it)
  • KubusKubus Member Posts: 15
    Southpaw said:

From the looks of it, we won't get a Christmas gift, but don't lose hope. we were waiting for almost 15 years now to get proper Bg port to android, so we can wait few. ore days.

Sooo... You were waiting for an Android port for a whopping 10 years before the system was released? :D
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Kubus - not to be taken too literaly :D
    This info was released a week ago and I just realized that it was never posted in the Android section.

System Requirements:

- Requires an Android tablet with a Tegra 2 or equivalent graphics processor.
    - Storage: 2.5 GB of free space

source: http://baldursgateii.com/buy.html
    and @Dee confirmed that both BG:EE and BG2:EE will have the same Android requirements: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/346862/#Comment_346862
    Wow, concrete news :D Great find ^^
  • giantyakgiantyak Member Posts: 5
    @cmk24 Thats good news indeed man. Hopefully my Asus TF101 can run this then as it is a tegra 2 device with a newer version of android then 4.0. Its a really good tablet though it is old. There just hasn't been a new tablet that is worth upgrading to. So many new tablets are just 'meh' now, my LG Nexus 4 blows them out of the water with its 2gb ram and its chip.
  • setsunaluvrsetsunaluvr Member Posts: 29
    So, will this run on my galaxh tab 2? All the googling I tried couldn't tell me if it had a tegra 2 equivalent gpu.
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39

So, will this run on my galaxh tab 2? All the googling I tried couldn't tell me if it had a tegra 2 equivalent gpu.

according to wiki galaxy tab 1 has tegra 2 so hopfully tab 2 has something the same or better (hope so as i also have tab 2)