Skip to content

I just pre-loaded BGIIEE

Any idea when exactly I'll be able to play?

Thanks,
Sean

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Friday. Sometime.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Friday-ish.
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    November 15th, in approximately 2 days and 6 hours (according to Steam)
  • seanbrennaseanbrenna Member Posts: 10
    Sweet... I am sure this forum will light up like a xmas tree when it goes live
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I reckon Saturday will be about when the forum lights up. Give us a few hours to get into all the new stuff.

Once we've played until our eyes bleed (or get stuck on the new quests) we'll be back congratulating, complaining, pleading for help, saying that stuff should be buffed (or nerfed), commenting on new references, demanding that our prediction on Hexxat was close enough to deserve a reward badge etc. You know, all the usual stuff.
    Coriander has said that all Wise Alaundo badges will be filed out in December XD, so those close enough will still have to wait.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    I wonder - will EEkeeper work with BG2:EE? I've got a ranger who could use a bit of expo-boost before she looses her memory (dual-classes) in Irenicus's dungeon... ;)
    Syntia13 said:

I wonder - will EEkeeper work with BG2:EE? I've got a ranger who could use a bit of expo-boost before she looses her memory (dual-classes) in Irenicus's dungeon... ;)

It should, since it's the same engine

Syntia13 said:

It should, since it's the same engine
    Since you have the game can you check? XD
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I have it pre-loaded too, and I want to play it right now! I think at saturday though I'll share what party I'm going with for this round.
  • seanbrennaseanbrenna Member Posts: 10
    I'll be soloing my dwarven defender from bgee :)
    It works, you'll have to use the "custom save folder" option to find the BG2:EE one though
    ...hm... perhaps a blond question, but... how did you preload the game?
    I just went to beamdog's site, logged in all proper like, went to 'my games', and there was my BG2:EE (I didn't preorder, but I won it and redeemed the received code some weeks ago), right beside my BG1:EE.
    But, while BG1 has both "buy now" and "install now" buttons, BG2 only has "preorder now". Um, no, thank you. I already have the game. If you'd just give it too me now, please?
    Syntia13 said:

I just went to beamdog's site, logged in all proper like, went to 'my games', and there was my BG2:EE (I didn't preorder, but I won it and redeemed the received code some weeks ago), right beside my BG1:EE.
    But, while BG1 has both "buy now" and "install now" buttons, BG2 only has "preorder now". Um, no, thank you. I already have the game. If you'd just give it too me now, please?

Download the Beamdog client, then open it up and click the circle button next to BG2:EE
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Syntia13 said:

We're still waiting for the standalone preloader but we should have it soon!
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Syntia13 said:

I believe @ManchildKart has access to a copy of the game sent out to media sources. The game becomes available to the general public on Friday.

NOTE: My understanding may be flawed.
    edited November 2013

Download the Beamdog client, then open it up and click the circle button next to BG2:EE

D:
    No, do not want client! Got bad experience with the bastards. :(
    Isn't there a client-free installer like the one I got with BG1? Or will it become available after release date? Please tell me there'll be an independent installer. *puppy eyes*

Edit: ah, I see @rdarken was there to bring me hope. Thanks, bro! :)
    Commence waiting for the installer!

Syntia13 said:

I believe @ManchildKart has access to a copy of the game sent out to media sources. The game becomes available to the general public on Friday.

NOTE: My understanding may be flawed.
    Yeah, but isn't (at least partial) pre-load up for everyone now?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

Yeah, but isn't (at least partial) pre-load up for everyone now?

I'm going to fall back on "I'm just the writer" for why I don't actually know the answer to this.
    Beamdog love some people more than others is the obvious answer. And as I pre-loaded over a day ago I guess they love me the most-est.
  • CenerCener Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for the thread, didn't know that we could pre-load the game :)
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Just preloaded using the client, though I would prefer the stand-alone launcher. C'mon, where is it already?
  • VinnieLeeVinnieLee Member Posts: 15
    So excited! It'll be live tomorrow!
    I'm thinking more like 48 hours or so from now rather than tomorrow.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I am also able to preload through the beamdog client. I would assume everyone should be able to.

Now is this going to go live on Friday or is it going to go live after midnight thursday (technicly friday but before my thursday night sleep :P )?
  • SkippySkippy Member Posts: 2
    Comment on the loading of pre-order BGEE II. I had BGEE installed and was more than half way through it and used the beamdog client to load BGEE II and it wiped out my BGEE files. The only thing that is left of my game is My directory for BGEE and an empty 00766 folder, also the Baldurs ini file is still in \user\documents. The removed BGEE files did not go to the Recycle Bin and I can't find them anywhere. My question is does this mean that you can not have a Directory (D) with both games in it. Since I would like to play both games is there any way to fix this problem? Thank in advance for any and all help.
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    Anyone here getting problems like "Your account isn't provisioned for this title?" What does that mean? This game was gifted to me, and it appears on my game list at Beamdog.com, however it doesn't appear on my game list on the Beam dog client. Anyone have any idea why??
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Fully pre-loaded here, now just patiently waiting for another 24 hours. You won't get the chitin.key or dialog.tlk yet, but everything else appears to be there--all the compressed .bif files, in other words.