Skip to content

(November 13) Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Launch Trailer

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited November 2013 in Archived News
Hi Friends,

As a member of the baldursgate.com forums, you get a special treat: A first look at the new Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition trailer, coming out a little ahead of the stand-alone preload client.

Check it out here.
sabacs90alnairShemhamEudaemoniumRedGuardsrvkraeMarkosKingGhidorahDextermch202ivavlakulFlashburnzerckanHelminoMadeiraRush_that_speaksghostowlShinMarkyMortiannaCoryNewbHassonAdulJuliusBorisovStarflower2525Fredjotarasiskaguana

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    *gasp!* what is the meaning of this?!
    There's a scary voice at the end!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    So is the Mac version coming on Friday like the trailer promise, or is it a cruel lie? D:

Awesome trailer, though. Love the voice at the end. Where in the game is that line from?
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    @Eudaemonium Is it from the wraith outside the temple in TOB? Trying to avoid too many spoilers there...
    Eudaemonium

Eudaemonium, Is it from the wraith outside the temple in TOB? Trying to avoid too many spoilers there...

Ah, okay! Thanks! =) I thought it must be in ToB but I haven't played it since ti was released, so my memory is understandably hazy XD
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Dat trailer...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672

@Eudaemonium Is it from the wraith outside the temple in TOB? Trying to avoid too many spoilers there...

That was my first thought too. I liked that moment for the interactions with party members.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    No Hexxat? Why must you tease us so Daigle?
    jackjack
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    Awesome trailer, can't wait!
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    Waiting for stand alone pc launcher, so much hype for my favourite game of all time, gonna see that trailer again..and again...and again! xD
    Rythgar
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Is there going to pre-loading on the Steam side of things?
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    I like the new video sequences. It makes me wonder what thought/effort you guys put into adding 3D-native areas into the engine.
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Ha! Baldurs gate meets deer hunter!
    Awesome trailer.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The portrait we assume to be Hexxat makes a very brief appearance at 34 seconds in, but no sounds from her or name in the dialogue box.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Awwwww yissss
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    edited November 2013
    @Eudaemonium

Wraith disguised as Gorion detected!
    Eudaemonium
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    YEEEEEAAAAA BOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoked for this, thanks Overhaul / beamdog! You're are breathing life back into one of the all time classics, giving a new generation of gamers the chance to play one of the greats! Your struggles through all the legal woes have been well worth it and I can't wait to throw more money at you in the future. Keep up the good work
    ronaldoHelmino
  • randyroorandyroo Member Posts: 54
    this is awesome
    PaulgStarflower2525
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2013

Also members of the community I'm sure you're aware, but please make sure you're purchasing through the Beamdog store and not steam, support the Devs, not Atari!

Shouldn't this be "support the Devs, not Steam"? I think Atari gets their cut either way.
    EudaemoniumWonderboy2402JuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Good show! Can't wait for Friday!!
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    the stand alone pre load client is up and running :)
    PaulgJuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Indeed, preloading now. Hype level on maximum!
    byrne20PaulgStarflower2525
    @Adul
    Is it letting you download the manuals?
    Paulg
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @byrne20 I've tried the link but it doesn't work for me yet. I think they'll upload them later.
    @Adul
    Awesome :) Cheers.
    Mac one isn't up yet, sadly. At least we're getting the game on Friday, though :)
    byrne20
    @Eudaemonium
    Cant wait :0)
    Eudaemonium
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Perfect inclusion of that quote. So astute: I would have assumed something by Irenicus, or the voiceover taking place in the movie that happens between SoA and ToB. That would not have even crossed my mind, but definately yes. Go go master wraith quote
    JuliusBorisovEudaemoniumStarflower2525
This discussion has been closed.