Skip to content

Confused about pre-load

acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
Hey everyone,

So i preloaded BG2EE a day ago using the Beamdog client and it performed the full 1.6GB install and it says "preload complete" at the top of the client. However I saw on another thread that somebody linked another BG2 installer that is completely different: http://www.beamdog.com/files/BGIIEE-Setup.exe.

When I use this, it seems to download another 1.6gb install (possibly the same one?)

My question is, if I used the beamdog client to preload do I even need to worry about that above link? Because it is downloading incredibly slow, like 12kb/sec, and I was really hoping to play some bg2ee tonight!

Comments

• KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    There is both a beamdog client version, and a non-beamdog stand alone game.

I imagine you will be fine if you already have it trough beamdog and intend to play the game trough that client.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2013
    That link is to the standalone installer. You don't need it if you've already preloaded through the client.
  • acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
    Thanks for clearing that up!
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    I got a question for ya'll. I preloaded my BGIIEE from the Beamdog client, and then I exited out of it. Once I exited out of Beamdog client and loaded it back up, BGIIEE was no longer under "My games" list. Infact, it's gone. I have no idea why. Will it reappear once the game releases? (Also this game was gifted to me.)