Skip to content

import items on an incomplete character

so I just finished sarevok, the game crashed, and the save was not made. must I use a final import or could I create an import right there at the battle and get my import items?

Comments

• Every save works as far as I know
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    wow it just crashed twice. idk whats going on with all that. I think I will just import him there, but I want to know for sure. where will I find the golden pantaloons in the dungeon? I haven't done that before but I have them with me so they could tell me if it's ok.
  • EleassarEleassar Member Posts: 11
    Don't worry! If BG2:EE behaves similar to vanilla, then you should find them very early on (provided you have them in your imported character).
    I know where to find the other items, but I want to head straight to the pantaloons to see if they are there because my other imports are actually the default import items
  • EleassarEleassar Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    Well, iirc the golden pantaloons (in vanilla) were "hidden":

In the Room with the golem (where the starter equipment is), behind the locked and trapped(!) picture that contains 3 potions and a dagger+1

thank you I will just keep trying if I don't find it in there then
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If you struggle finding them in Irenicus' dungeon, just remember where the Helm of Balduran is located and take some inspiration from there...
    but helm of balduran is a default import. I am looking for the pantaloons to make sure, and see what the fuss about them is :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

but helm of balduran is a default import. I am looking for the pantaloons to make sure, and see what the fuss about them is :)

Well, you'll need to get all the way to ToB for that. And pick up the other 2 pairs ;)

Well, you'll need to get all the way to ToB for that. And pick up the other 2 pairs ;)
    really? well somebody sure dragged around a bunch of pants with them for a long way to get whatever secret is there! :) where should i go for the other pairs?
    edited November 2013
    I'm actually not sure. I know you technically have to do something moderately evil to get the Silver ones in SoA, though.
    I believe it involves a kidnapping and ransom
    , but don't remember much more.

The bronze ones are in ToB and I have no idea where they would be at all. I think I CLUA'd them in when i play it =P (13 years ago)
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    edited November 2013
    [SPOILER] The silver pantaloons can be acquired during the graveyard quest where you rescue Tirdir and get that red bit of cloth to track the kidnappers down. In their house in the bridge district upstairs is a lady being held ransom. Tell her she isn't free yet until you get a reward or some such, then take the note in one of the chests or on the table to outside the copper coronet at night. A lord will give you the silver pantaloons in exchange for her release, and voila. [/spoiler]
    Post edited by stygga on
    @stygga: dd spoilers like this: [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] (without spaces :)
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Correct, you find a kidnapping victim in one of the houses in the Bridge District in Athkatla. Instead of freeing her, you have to collect the ransom yourself. It's a pair of silver pantaloons and gives a -1 rep. You can assuage your guilt with the fact that you didn't kill her and she still gets ransomed/rescued.

The bronze pantalettes are in Throne of Bhaal. Without giving too much away, if anyone ever asks you to acquire a beholder's eyestalk, tell them that it's beneath you to do fetch quests, and then follow the sidequest from there.

Once you have all three, you are looking for Kerrick the Smith.

Enjoy! :)
  • Paul4AllSeasonsPaul4AllSeasons Member Posts: 5
    @eudaemonium hey. So I tried importing with my save and I tried importing with my character profile. I got both to work but I can't find ANY of my items from BGEE. Are they in the starting area? I was expecting them to be in the first room with the golem that has all the random basic gear and the picture frame vault. but they're not.

ALSO, I've got no portrait. I understand I have to make a portraits folder again but how do I get that portrait to go on to my already existing imported character?

edited November 2013
    @Paul4ALLSeasons

that room will have the golden pantaloons behind the painting if you had them in BG1. otherwise you need to do more searching for the other items.

if you have already put the portrait on and it doesn't show when you add it in then get eekeeper and change the portrait in there and you will be good
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262

@eudaemonium hey. So I tried importing with my save and I tried importing with my character profile. I got both to work but I can't find ANY of my items from BGEE. Are they in the starting area? I was expecting them to be in the first room with the golem that has all the random basic gear and the picture frame vault. but they're not.

Typically there is one piece of armor that will carry over, if your CHARNAME had it, and one accessory that will carry over, if your CHARNAME had it. This piece of armor and accessory that carry over are from a very short list. If you had none of the items on the short list, then a default piece of armor and default accessory will be found. The pantaloons, the armor piece, and the accessory will be found in three different locations.