Skip to content

Cleric/Thief Can't Pick Locks WTF

There is no icon to pick locks with the cleric/thief class, but it can put skill points in picking locks, WTF is this ?!

Comments

• rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    On a cleric/thief, your 'thieving' skills are hidden under 'special abilities'. Its there I promise.
  • The icon is in the Special Abilities button on the toolbar because there's no room for it with Turn Undead, Detect Traps, and Stealth there already. I recommend going into "Keybindings" in the options menu and assigning "Thievery" to a convenient hotkey rather than clicking through Special Abilities every time.
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    edited October 2013
    Haha, found it. There is 2 empty spaces in the icon bar, it could have been put there. I guess they preffered hiding it and making it more complicated to find and access than to use one of the empty icon spaces that are between each pack of 4 icons, cause that would have broken the symmetry of the icon bar, oh the drama!!!

Edit; Oh, and thank you people lol
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216

Haha, found it. There is 2 empty spaces in the icon bar, it could have been put there. I guess they preffered hiding it and making it more complicated to find and access than to use one of the empty icon spaces that are between each pack of 4 icons, cause that would have broken the symmetry of the icon bar, oh the drama!!!

Edit; Oh, and thank you people lol

Actually, that space wasn't there in the old BG. The space follows the short cuts available to select the icons, f1, f2, f3, f4 etc.. One reason might be that they don't want to mess with that. Another might be that it's hardcoded (I don't know). A third might be that noone suggested it before.

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The 12 action bar icons are indeed 'hardcoded', there are 'only' 12 because there are only 12 function keys. When i first say the gaps, i didn't know why they are there either :)

There have been various ideas to fix this vanilla bg weirdness, but we couldn't figure out a solution yet.
  • zealotzealot Member Posts: 12
    in IWD2 you can choose for some spaces what you want to have there, so the solution is already present :)