Skip to content

[Bug] Scrolling Lock, forced to top left corner

BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
edited November 2013 in The Road to v1.2
Hi,

Sometimes the game tries to stop me from using the new click-and-drag scrolling feature. What happens is that I try clicking and dragging and it works for 1-2 cm, but then the view is forced back to its original position. It almost feels/looks like I am struggling against the view's wish to stay in one certain spot.

Scrolling with arrow keys or mouse "releases" me from the view's grip and returns everything to normal.

I'm making this a thread because I don't know for sure what causes the bug, but it's happened several times and seems to come up after a dialogue or after I've left the game idle in the background in windowed mode. Still, as I said I don't know for sure if any of this is what causes it.

Has anyone else encountered this? Maybe someone has more insight on the issue than me?
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• LeoNegusLeoNegus Member Posts: 46
    This happened to me a couple of times right after a dialogue, with exactly the behavior you describe. Note that I'm not using click-and-drag to scroll but the touch surface on apple's magic mouse. Haven't been able to reproduce the problem though.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    Alright, I've encountered the bug once more and managed to take some screenshots that will hopefully help a little in solving this. See attached images.

In "ScrollBug1" and "ScrollBug2" I have opened the map and tried shifting my view to another area by clicking somewhere on the map. The view shifts to where I want it to go, but quickly swoops back to the upper left corner (where I just visited Erdane's "store"). You can clearly see that the view behind the map doesn't correspond with what I've selected on the map.

"ScrollBug3-1" and "ScrollBug3-2" is a little bit more subtle, but I think it's worth mentioning. If you switch back and forth between these two images you will see that the view is shifted slightly to the side, depending on whether I have hidden the left interface or not. It seems like the game is intent on showing me the left-most part of the map, so if I bring the left interface back up the view shifts to the left to show the area behind the left interface. This adjustment is not something that is supposed to happen normally, but it does as long as this scrolling bug is "active".

As I mentioned before: scrolling with the arrow keys or with the cursor returns everything to normal.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited November 2013
    @Dee I'm attempting to update the title of this thread, but I just get an error message saying "You do not have permission to post in this category".

Could you update the title to "[Bug] Scrolling Lock, forced to top left corner"?

I've noticed that this bug takes place in BG2:EE as well (happened after both dialogues with the genie that gives away the Sword of Chaos), so maybe I should just move the entire thread to another category?

EDIT: In the example I gave with the Sword of Chaos genie I seem to be able to reproduce the bug as many times as I like, which I've never been able with other instances of this bug. It does not occur if I'm in windowed mode or if Scale UI is turned ON.
    Post edited by Basillicum on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Title updated.