Skip to content

Evil Mage / Sorcerer choice in BG2:EE

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Baeloth is not in BG2:EE which is kind of a big disappointment as it left me with no real choices in terms of magic users evil character for my BG2:EE playthrough...

Yeah well in fact there's only Edwin right ? Or am I missing someone ? Is there a good mod out there that could add an evil magic caster to the selection, cause as much as I love Edwin, I hate being forced to take him cause I have no other choices... Let's be honest, Neera doesn't fit an evil party at all, Aerie's the worst character ever, Jan Jansen is a buffoon, and I'm not even considering Imoen as she's just a pain in the ... and it takes too long anyway.

My party should look like that :

Main char - Half orc Blackguard Lawful Evil
Dorn
Korgan
Viconia
Hexxat

Come to think of it I realized that the possibilities for evil parties are scarce, we only got Viconia as a Divine caster, no rogue until Hexxat came... Good thing we have Dorn coming back to spice things up !

Anyway, that leave me with a mage / sorcerer spot to fill...

Any ideas guys ? =p

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2013
    Erm... I know evil characters are kinda outnumbered by good/neutral ones in general... BUT how can you complain about a lack of mages when, yes... you have EDWIN. At least evil parties DO have pure arcane casters, and a pretty overpowered one at that.

If you are Good, your best mage NPC (ignoring Neera since she's new) is Imoen after you rescue her, and as much as I love my sweet sis, she's no match for Edwin in a mage duel. In my first playthrough so far, I've felt behind the curve in magic throughout.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    Yeah I know Edwin's a blast in BG2 I have played countless time with him but after having played with Baeloth in BG... how can I say, this was a dream come true =p

I'll probably have to bear with edwin for the time being, hoping that some good mods or even a DLC bring back Baeloth or some kind of evil arcane caster ^^
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    This has to be a troll thread seriously.
    Mungri said:

mmm Troll thread ? please enlighten me good sir !

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2013
    To be fair, Edwin is the most powerful mage in the game.

To answer your question, though, I know of two evil mage NPC mods, though I've never tried them so I can't vouch for their quality: Adrian and Tsujatha.
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Assuming you're not going down to 2 reputation (and don't have one of the "slight adjustment to evil reputations so you can keep neutrals at unhappy" mods), Neera and Jan Jansen are both fine mages for an evil party. Neera maybe a little more so, unless you find turnips particularly hilarious. SPOILERS IN THIS SENTENCE: Also, Sarevok can dual into a mage quite well, although that's very late game.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks @Shawne I'll give Adrian a try, looks like the mod has been updated for BG2:EE.

This one http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/714-ninde/ looks promising as well (a Necromancer, hell why not ?!)

And just to be clear, the topic here is not to say that Edwin is bad or whatever, just that after years of playing alongside him, it gets kinda lame just to have to rely on him for arcane spellcasting on evil parties. He's powerful, comes with a good story and many funny banters and all but hey I know him too damn well for my own sake, can't blame me for wanting to try something else right ? =p

@Dreast yeah I know and I'll probably pick Neera for a while to see her story or maybe I'll wait for a more goody playthrough, but as a rolist, it does not seem a good fit to me. And Jan... please I can't hear him talking about his turnips without wanting to kill him on the spot x)
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    neoesprit said:

Mungri said:

mmm Troll thread ? please enlighten me good sir !

It begins with an 'E' and ends in 'win' with a 'd' in the middle.