Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Greetings from deepest darkest mid-Wales

Just sayin' - hello!

Got some spare time now steam fluffed the BG2ee release date so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I loved both the BG originals and played them to death. I thought at the time it spelled great things for the future of RPG games, but after steamrolling through Dragon Age Origins which was pretty good, I realised that the BG series has not been bettered yet.

And now they work natively on my widescreen hires etc... I really couldn't ask for more.

It really says something about a title when you can embellish it a bit 10 years later and sell it again as new. (absolutely worth every penny IMHO)

Best,
Sam.

Eck4343

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Wow the internet has reached mid-Wales?!

I jest... Welcome to the forum ;)

By the way, I think the price for BG 2EE is pretty much the same for Steam and Beamdog right now, so u might as well buy it from Beamdog and support the devs that actually made the game possible. They get like a tiny fraction from Steam sales.

Also it means u get future patches for BG 2 EE significantly faster than for Steam users (due to legal issues). I found that out the hard way for the recent v1.2 patch.

• Sammi79Sammi79 Member Posts: 6
    Cheers! a little late for me, I got both on Steam :( more fool me. If Beamdog bring out an original title of their own I will definitely consider buying straight from them in future.