Skip to content

Can we bring our multiplayer characters BGEE to BG2EE?

boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11
edited November 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
we have a multiplayer group.
when we are done with BGEE can we port those same characters to BG2EE?

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Don't see why not, but remember to export each and every one of them for re-import :)
  • boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11
    Sorry Cuv, what is re-import?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You don't need to do all of that.

Open up Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\mpsave
    Copy your saved game
    Open up Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\mpsave
    Paste your saved game
    Launch Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
    Select Shadows of Amn > Multiplayer > Create Game > New Game
    For each character slot, select Create Character > Create > Import > Saved Game > "your save" > The desired character

Make sure your protagonist is in slot 1. Then you're good to go.
  • iankirtsiankirts Member Posts: 17
    Can i Do this for my black pits characters?
    Yes, it's the same process there as well.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    @Dee you can import Multi-player characters now(From a multiplayer saved game)? 0.O or it is new, or I never realized it was possible to do so.
    Yes; when you select your saved game for import, it will show you a list of the player-created characters, allowing you to choose the one you want.

It doesn't show anything other than the character's name, but you can select any of them from the list.
    Dee said:

Yes; when you select your saved game for import, it will show you a list of the player-created characters, allowing you to choose the one you want.

It doesn't show anything other than the character's name, but you can select any of them from the list.

But you'll have to move the save from BG:EE to a normal save folder instead to the multiplater's, because, based on what I've tried, I cannot import MP characters from an MP save-game to a SP game or another MP game. I were never able of selecting characters from a MP saved game.
    That may well be true. Thanks for pointing it out!
    @Dee I think I create more than one multiplayer game per day, just to create characters for BG2, to try spells, modded items by myself (more bugs than hell...) and things like that. I think I created more MP games than SP games of BG:EE.