Skip to content

Familiar Oversight

FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
This is probably less of a bug as it is an oversight. My bard had a familiar in BGEE and during the Final Save import the familiar is gone, but bonus hit points remain.

Now I feel like I'm cheating :(

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    how can you tell you have the hit points? the hp is rerolled.

you can, however, get EEKEEPER and edit away the hitpoints so you don't feel like you are cheating :)
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Not sure I understand what you mean by hp is rerolled.

I had 60 hp at end of BG1EE (including the familiar bonus)

at the beginning of BG2EE I still have 60 hp, but no familiar.

Is this a common problem? Because I'm not sure if it's just that I didn't have the spell memorized. I just cast it straight from the one scroll I found of Find Familiar in BG1EE

I will definitely do something about it. If I can't find a way to fix the HP through the CLUA, then I may have to resort to a 3rd party program, though I'd really like to avoid that.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    No, no, that's normal apparently!

They explained that in another thread i don't remember where (here) ; but basically, the familiars in bg1ee had been nerfed ; the ones in bg2ee are much better (well, relatively to the new levels of course) ) ; so, they decided to erase the old ones in the import.. to let you recreate a new one later .
    For you, if you did not memorize the spell, could be a little an annoyance indeed.. ,( but there should be some scrolls available in the shops just outside the intro prison.. -!

On the good side..i have also a bard.. and at my biggest surprise i could reopen in bg2ee/ToB one of my antics saves from my original BG2/Tob beginning save (!!); it worked! (?!).. but better yet.. i had a familiar inside the inventory too and.. that one indeed have clearly boosted characteristics ! :
    BG1ee (neutral good->pseudo dragon) => 12 HP + 1 blur/day + thaco0? + AC? (etc)
    BG2ee/Tob(>SOA?) => 48 HP + 1 blur+ghost armor/day + 2 detect illusions/day + thac0.8 + AC-2! (etc)

ps:
    oops, i tested quickly a familiar spell memorization( i had memorized my spell in the spell book here - all spells kept btw..nice^ and all xp kept too (with the xp cap remover from bg1ee) >181000 too btw!^)... rested 8h (possible apparenty^)... new familiar are indeed better so.. :) ..but not as strong as the TOB one (interesting^).... middle of the road apparently, but all the same better) : HP24 / 1xblur/day / thac0.13+can make unconscious now! / AC-2 too! )

On the bad side...seems there is a problem with the starting HPs.. i pass from 81HP (with bg1ee familiar on - aka should be 81-(12/2)= 75HP )... to 65 HP only (without familiar on) O_o
    ...that last one is bad though... will need EEKeeper too i feel... \\ ..65HP(77HP after the new familiar 24/2..) is NOT 75HP+12too, damn it..i already did not use all the auto max HPs i could lol.. *))

ps;
    ah.. got it.. if the HPs are totally rerolled (not using basic difficulty level indeed, but hard... so rerolled *ù*ù$^*ù - i heard that somewhere too.. 'normal' diff = max HPs / but HP rerolls under /diff - ex:'hard' diff during import creation then \ ) ... i will have to EEKeep that for sure too..for that (and restore my initial 75HP too..k).

i think you can add spell under EEKeeeper.. so adding familiar spell in spellbook or scroll in inventory should be ok for you too /EEKeeper imo ^

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1

(better yet..for me, i will recreate an export file under bg1ee .. but that time with basic diff.level..to see the difference /imported HPs^ */ )
    Oh wait, is it just a coincidence that I started BG2EE with 60hp?

If so, I can see why I'm really confused.

Just to clarify, the familiar is taken away via import, hit points rerolled, happen to land exactly the same amount of HP I had in BG1, causing me to believe that the familiar gone, but HP stayed.

But I'm still confused, because I play core rules, and on several imports I always have 60 HP. I would think their would be variation to that if a reroll takes place.

Lol, what's going on!!
    edited November 2013
    What is your CONSTITUTION bonus? 16 or less (+2/lvl) ? 14 or less (no bonuses) ?
    .. which difficulty level did you play with ?

As i understand it, for the HPs.. if you played with normal difficulty (maybe core rules too then?) level (during the import creation), you got AUTO (under bg2ee import) all the max HPs / lvl ; for a bard 161000XP = lv 10 ... 6HP/lvl ... if CONS<15, no bonus/lvl... 10x6 = 60 HPs (maximum automatic!) with a standard difficulty level import so!
    could be that in your case maybe (they rerolled automatically at the max HPs possible for you..even without the familiar!) .. -? ;) [for me..i exported under hard difficulty level..so the HPreroll was not max..so i lost HPs in the end!.. damn it) ). :) ]
    My con is 16

I made sure to set rules to core before importing my character in BG2EE

Still doing some tests myself with this thing
    edited November 2013
    damn.. yes, smthg weird too then.. good luck too :)

ps:
    orrr..for you, playing under core rules, you did not systematically keep the max HP possible rolls /lvls (6+2=8HP max possible x 10 = 80. To have 60HP _with_ a familiar included (ok, i guess a 12HP familiar too, aka 6 HP bonus on charname)..would mean you got naturally 54HP means 5.4/lvl average (without rerolling every lvl to get the max possible aka 8 so).. could be explained that way too.. (but the core rules reroll export was auto at (6+2)x10... arf... don't know again then)).. ;)

ps2:
    OK.. the easiest for all will be, i fear, to simply use EEKeeper with the bg2ee save and simply put back the original HPs-(familiar/2), and end :)
    sunset00 said:

ps2:
    OK.. the easiest for all will be, i fear, to simply use EEKeeper with the bg2ee save and simply put back the original HPs-(familiar/2), and end :)

That's exactly what I'm going to do.

What I've discovered with my own tests:

Indeed 16con bard should net 80HP perfect rolls.
    importing character under normal/core/hard doesn't change the HP ever from 60

So I can only conclude that there are no HP rerolls taking place, and that my orginal fear is true, that I have a free 6HP that would stack with the next familiar that I'll cast.

Well, good thing there is EEKeeper. Thanks for you input @sunset00
    edited November 2013
    .. and now i begin to fear they simply forgot to add the +CON bonuses in all the import max reroll then...O_o
    for you, lv10 normal ;
    10x6max=60HP (no CON bonus +2x10..)
    for me, lv11 (xp cap remover under bg1ee), i reached lv11.. CON16 too.. ;
    11x6max=66hp, rounded down to '65HP'?!.. O_o (but even that is weird, should be 10x6+2(+2con)..O_o)

yess.anyway..=??..really weird so.. lucky indeed EEKeeper BG2EE is already out , thx to Troodon80 :)

btw..thx too /complementary tests!)
    sunset00 said:

.. and now i begin to fear they simply forgot to add the +CON bonuses in all the import max reroll then...O_o

That's a possiblity too... In any case, I think I'll just stick with my orginal rolls from BG1

Indeed, thx Troodon80