Skip to content

BG1 or BG2 paperdolls, which do your prefer?

AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
I really hated the BG2 paperdolls, so I was extremely pleased to see them gone in BG2EE. But what about you?
  1. BG1 or BG2 paperdolls, which do your prefer?47 votes
    1. I loved the original BG2 paperdolls. As my grandpa used to say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
      38.30%
    2. Finally! Didn't know if I should weep or cry when I first saw the the original BG2 paperdolls 14 years ago. I then cried for a few years.
      48.94%
    3. What paperdoll? Equipment? I fight with my fists, naked as a newborn. But not as a Monk of course, that would be far to easy.
      12.77%

Comments

• ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Don't really care.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Both variants have something good about them.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I was happy to see Imoen with a hood approach me in the dungeon :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm confused; paper dolls seems to be the BGII ones to me.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448

I have the BG1 ones and thought everyone else did as well?

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I've never been concerned with paperdolls much. The in-game sprites are much more important.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Astafas said:

I have the BG1 ones and thought everyone else did as well?

Bit mixed I guess? The "Fighter model" at least seems to be the BGII one. But Mage and Thief, yeah.
    I have a hard time seeing these differences (after playing for a few hours). Don't you all have BG1 paperdolls in your inventories, whatever the class of character?
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited November 2013
    Really missing my Half-Orcs. Have to put up with these chubby human stand-ins. lol

Personally I think they're missing the detail and style of BG2. It just isn't the same (or better) imo. Plus they seem to have kept some of the BG1 inventory icons. It's a bit weird seeing them mixed in with BG2 items and I did prefer a lot of the BG2 inventory icons too.

Does anyone know if it's possible to at least mod back in some of the original BG2 paperdolls and icons here and there? Would something like NearInfinity do something for that?
    Post edited by RedGuard on
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    There is a difference?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    All the same to me. As long as I have my cosmetic revisions and can use all sorts of colors in EEkeeper, I'm happy.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    Perhaps it would be beneficial to add some pictures so people who don't know the difference can see, and those who don't remember can be reminded.
    Great idea! Unfortunately I just removed the original from my computer. Anyone else?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I miss imoen's short skirt.