Skip to content

Gorf... GOOOOOOOOOOORF!

Got Mazzy, talked to Gorf, challenged him to a duel. Initially declined Festule's potion, asked Gorf's girlfriend (shudder) to get him, and he didn't show although she acted like he just appeared. Reloaded, got the potion, gave it to Gorf's girlfriend, and now the option to summon him doesn't even show- she just thanks me for the love potion. She said he shows up after the seventh hour of the night or some such, so I rested until hour 23, but he's not there.

Did he smarten up or can I get him to pop by and get owned?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Did you kick Surly out of there? Iirc he's needed for the fight to start.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    No, Surly's still there being a douche.
    Bump. This is sad making. :(
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Hm, well try using the console and type in: C:CreateCreature("gorf") while standing close to his girlfriend and having Mazzy in the party, and talk to him.

This requires you to enable the console first. If you didn't do so yet, check this thread for info on how to.
    Go figure, he got spawned and stuck deep in the back rooms of the Coronet. Once I explored back there he popped out. Silly.
  • DelicoseDelicose Member Posts: 6
    @SionIV pointed out in another post that placing everyone in the party near Bunkin before CHARNAME speaks to her seems to solve this problem. However, if you've spoken to her already and no longer have a save from before speaking with her, such as Auto-Save, you'll have to use the CLUAConsole.

Here's what I did to fix it:

1. If you still have it open, save your game and quit BG2:EE.
    2. Search your computer for the Baldur.ini file for your Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition.
    3. Open file in a text editor (i.e. Notepad)
    4. Find where it says:

INSERT INTO options ROWS (
    5. Right after that, insert :

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    6. Save and quit.

7. Reopen game and have your party is inside the Copper Coronet. Be sure to have your party stand away from the pit area to make sure that Gorf doesn't spawn inside it.
    8. Ctrl-Space to open CLUAConsole.
    9. In the field that opened, type:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("GORF")
    Your new copy of Gorf SHOULD spawn near your party and SHOULD initiate the lead up to fighting in the pit with Mazzy.

Where is Gorf most likely at?
    As mentioned above, one place is the back rooms. Going there may cause you to make choices where you can no longer finish the pit fight.
    Another place, apparently, is the sewers attached to the Copper Coronet. If he is there, it is impossible to finish the pit fight since he is in the wrong zone.

Enjoy!