Skip to content

Multiclass Paperdolls

KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
Might've been here before, the search function leaves a bit to be desired to look...

But... When making a multiclassed character, I would like to be able to choose the appearance of the character from one of the classes they are multiclassing as and not have the Fighter or Thief class take priority over the other paperdolls, thought that might be because of armor but somehow I doubt that many go FIghter/Mage or Thief/Mage just to wear armor to prevent the mage class from casting spells...
Awong124IecerintfrancoMalicron[Deleted User]MortiannaJarrakuljethroMornmagorKidCarnivalCrevsDaakDarksheerRnRClown

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm sure I've seen this discussed on here before, but yes, I agree. I tend to use Fighter/Thieves, and I think leather armor looks really ugly on a Fighter paperdoll because they don't wear any pants.
    IecerintCrevsDaak
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    there's a mod for this...bg2 tweaks i think? basically if you're a multiclass the paperdoll will switch to whatever the character is wearing. so an m/t will switch between a mage paper doll and the thief paperdoll depending on whether he's wearing robes or armour
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    A lot of people have suggested this before. Many people including myself agree with it. IIRC the big reason they don't have it is they'd have to make new paperdoll appearances for plate armor on mages.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    mjs said:

there's a mod for this...bg2 tweaks i think? basically if you're a multiclass the paperdoll will switch to whatever the character is wearing. so an m/t will switch between a mage paper doll and the thief paperdoll depending on whether he's wearing robes or armour

But that mod doesn't really help with F/T because they can both wear leather armor, and actually have distinct appearances for them. I just go into EEKeeper and change it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    i agreed on the last thread requesting this and ill agree again on this one
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    For those of you who keep suggesting bg2 tweaks, the mod doesn't 'switch' from fighter to thief by simply wearing different armor. That particular mod switches from the armor form to the mage robe wearing form. If you are a fighter thief, the switch doesn't happen. You will have to use the avatar morph feature to pick the one you want.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    By Great Gosh and his son T. Rowe Price, yes!!! Please let us pick between the paper dolls! If you absolutely can't make a plate armor graphic on the mage model, enable some auto-switch of the paper doll to become a model that can accept the armor graphic you are equipping. Let us be able to toggle it as easily as our color scheme.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I would love left/right arrow selections for class avatars.
    OlleDenStore
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I would like that option as well.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    That, and I really want the option to use the thief paperdoll with a mage robe. Fighter/Mage can use the Mage paperdoll with a helm. Why not thief with a cape and hood?
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @LordRumfish that has been implemented long ago.
    I have v1.2012, and I equip a plate mail to a Thief (CHARNAM from ToB with UseAny Item :D) and, it appareance changes to a Male Cleric Elf, helmets' animation do not work, the con't be seen there, also, large shields looks good.
    Cahirlolien
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    CrevsDaak said:

@LordRumfish that has been implemented long ago.
    I have v1.2012, and I equip a plate mail to a Thief (CHARNAM from ToB with UseAny Item :D) and, it appareance changes to a Male Cleric Elf, helmets' animation do not work, the con't be seen there, also, large shields looks good.

@CrevsDaak

I've got 1.2 too and no such feature, is this a use any item feature or perhaps you have installed a mod of some kind that makes the changes happen? I would actually like to know which mod, since I've forgotten. :)

@Darksheer no mods, just a different version, I was using iPad version v1.0.2012, I just forgot the 0.
    Sorry!
    Darksheer
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    @CrevsDaak Heh, no problem. :) It still sounds a little funny to me, since I don't remember having that kind of feature in the previous BGEE versions either, maybe there is something different with iPad version. :)

Btw. I just remembered that the mod that allows this is called BG2 Tweak Pack. Installing now. ^^
    CrevsDaak