Skip to content

Neera's Quest (BGII:EE Spoilers)

ElfsplatElfsplat Member Posts: 8
Having problems.. dont read if you havent finished her quest!
Can Lanneth die? She just casts invis and hides forever, everyone else is dead and theres one door which requires a key. Resting and returns just resets the fight and her spells before he just hides again

Bug or tactic needed?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You're supposed to kill her to get the key. Do you have anyone who can cast True Sight or a thief with good Detect Illusion skill?
  • ElfsplatElfsplat Member Posts: 8
    Jalily said:

You're supposed to kill her to get the key. Do you have anyone who can cast True Sight or a thief with good Detect Illusion skill?
    Yeah I guessed as much but she takes no damage from all sources, I have her trapped in the minotaur cage and having an epic stare standoff atm.

• ChipDelHazardChipDelHazard Member Posts: 7
    A question
    [Spoiler]I killed Lanneth and got into the prison behind her, but all the wild mages are hostile towards me. Is that supposed to be the case? I can't see why I'm supposed to fight against my former wild mage buddies.[/spoiler]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

A question

I killed Lanneth and got into the prison behind her, but all the wild mages are hostile towards me. Is that supposed to be the case? I can't see why I'm supposed to fight against my former wild mage buddies.
    I don't believe so. Did you cast an area of effect spell that might have hit them?
  • ChipDelHazardChipDelHazard Member Posts: 7
    elminster said:

A question

I killed Lanneth and got into the prison behind her, but all the wild mages are hostile towards me. Is that supposed to be the case? I can't see why I'm supposed to fight against my former wild mage buddies.
    I don't believe so. Did you cast an area of effect spell that might have hit them?
    Not something that would have hit them. But I did throw some cloud kills into the bar room with the mercenaries. I think the person thending the bar might have been an innocent bystander (Possibly the alchohol loving wild mage). Note to self: Be more careful with where you pass your gas next time.
    I shall have to try a less violent approach to that quest

• BigDaddyDreamBigDaddyDream Member Posts: 5

elminster said:

A question

Not something that would have hit them. But I did throw some cloud kills into the bar room with the mercenaries. I think the person thending the bar might have been an innocent bystander (Possibly the alchohol loving wild mage). Note to self: Be more careful with where you pass your gas next time.
    I shall have to try a less violent approach to that quest

You can accidentally kill the wild mage in the large room before the room with ALL the wild mages in it. I did it, found all the wild mages red, and had to restart from a previous save.
    Speaking of Neera's quest...

How do I find out what order to open the cages?

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Read the journal in the other room
    Thanks. I still couldn't find it so I ended up opening cages and reloading if they were wrong. Didn't take all that long...hehe.
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Does anyone know if its possible to save all the wild mages? 2 or 3 are dead in my game before I even enter the chamber.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i skipped to the bottom because i didn't want spoilers but i have a question for the devs this could be classed as a bug but its more of an annoyance, and im going to keep it as spoiler free as possible: in neera's first quest after she joins you, you get into a fight in a building with a wizard and she keeps casting chaos, which causes some of my guys to attack the public, which brings my reputation down even though i cant really stop it. ive had three people threaten to eave or attack me because they killed someone under chaos and blame me despite me being unable to stop them.

is this supposed to be able to happen? because sometimes the people will attack me because they are under chaos and so i have to kill them because even after the spell ends they are still hostile, so i defend myself, kill them and my party rep goes down
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Emmi said:

Does anyone know if its possible to save all the wild mages? 2 or 3 are dead in my game before I even enter the chamber.

You have to do all their sidequests in the Hidden Refuge to get them out alive; find the little girl's hairclip, let the half-orc punch you without hitting back, get the dwarf her beer, etc. And I THINK that when you're sent to get the blue elf guy, you need to have made a Hearthfire Talisman and give it to him.

And now I have a question myself:

What am I supposed to do with Hayes after he betrays everyone? I killed him and brought his robe back to his ex-wife, and she just got really upset and left. Is there something in particular I have to say to her? Should I leave him alive? Is the bloody robe used in a recipe of some kind? Just the way it ended makes me feel like there's more to this that I'm missing.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Moczo said:

What am I supposed to do with Hayes after he betrays everyone? I killed him and brought his robe back to his ex-wife, and she just got really upset and left. Is there something in particular I have to say to her? Should I leave him alive? Is the bloody robe used in a recipe of some kind? Just the way it ended makes me feel like there's more to this that I'm missing.
    That's it. Giving his tunic to Telana just brings closure to that part of the story.
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2013
    I've used true seeing and I still can't find Lanneth anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind, she was just in that room in the back!

Post edited by TheWhitefire on
  • FableredeFablerede Member Posts: 4
    Imprisonment works wonders against that B!tch