Skip to content

When to pick up your party members?

Hey everyone! As a fairly new BG2 player, i wonder when should i start picking up my party members?
I just left 1st dungeon and should i run solo and do some easy quests in the city till i reach certain lvl or just go grab whoever i need?

Comments

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    It depends, do you want to run solo, or do you want the story?
  • DoxyDoxy Member Posts: 25
    No, i prefer to run with a party. So im guessing thats the story.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    There's way more experience in the game than you need even with a six person party. Get your crew together first!
  • DoxyDoxy Member Posts: 25
    stygga said:

There's way more experience in the game than you need even with a six person party. Get your crew together first!

Thanks alot for your advice! I'll tart looking for my other members then.

One more question. Is it possible to finish the game without any mages in your party?

• 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013
    Doxy said:

One more question. Is it possible to finish the game without any mages in your party?

Yeah, its perfectly possible but its harder than with a mage or two obviously. Its quite a fun way to give the game an extra bit of a challenge without mods or anything.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Eh, if you're a new player, you definitely want at least one mage, if only to use for spells to break the defenses of enemy mages.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    I don't run parties without at least two mages. Aerie is a godsend for this, she fills the mage and cleric slot in one... Can load her up with healing and buffing on her cleric side, and just straight disabling and debuffing on her mage side and leave the damage dealing to another mage. I always have at least two mage types who can dispel high level arcane buffs, why? Because if one is disabled, and the enemy has all his buffs still going, you're most likely going to lose SOMEONE. But then again, I usually run bg1 with 2-3 mage types as well so I guess I just rely on them more than the average person lol.
  • 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    Yeah I would defiantly not recommend it for a 1st playthrough, but a playthrough with no mages is cool restriction for a 2nd+ play thorough. Like Soloing or anything else
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I too highly recommend Aerie, though unlike stygga, I highly recommend at least one offense spell on her cleric side: False Dawn. It is one of, if not the most, effective spells against vampires.