Skip to content

Display options (Change resolution and Fullscreen)

I have a little problem. I don't trust "smart" systems to be smart, instead they tend to explode in my face ^^* I'd like a way to tell BG:EE what resolution its going to run in when its in fullscreen mode, especially to aid with strange resolutions when running via Wine (Just a potential problem, I'm a windows user atm).

Whats more important is the ability to tell BG:EE to take a specific resolution when its in windowed mode. This is mostly to aid those that don't think of resizing the window by treating it like a normal one.

Thirdly, I'm a tad spoiled with games like World of Warcraft that has a "Fullscreen Windowed" mode where it takes up the whole of the primary screen while still being a windowed program thus letting your mouse flee, for those cases you need to deal with netflix missbehaving and other things you might do on your second screen.

Comments

• CrystarkCrystark Member Posts: 22
    For now, go to
    C:\Users\USER\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

Edit Baldur.ini
    You can now change
    'Window', 'w', '1280',
    'Window', 'h', '1024',
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Very useful, nao why isnt it in the manual? :P I'm acceptably tech-savy, but we do have gamers on the board who arn't as used to the shenanigans of games... And whats worse, we have people who aren't on the board at all that play the game!
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I support that we need options in the graphics menu. It's not good enough to have almost every option in the config file, it's not user friendly, and it's a strange decision to actually take something g out of the original game like that. There was options for multiple things in BG and BG2, at least some of them would be applicable on BG:EE.

Also, the people who run high resolutions and have problems with blurry GUI due to scaling up, might be glad to have an option in game to experiment with different resolutions that may suit them better and minimize blurry textures.
    It's very inconvenient to be forced to change your monitor's resolution before and after playing the game...
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Change Resolution.. I would love to see that too, i can not believe such a ground feature was missing from the EE - was it too complicated to add such a feature? That is absolutely not understandable!
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Gamma correction would be a fabulous addition, because my fiance likes to have the darkest shadows gleaming brightly at him. For some reason.
  • GottfredGottfred Member Posts: 1
    Edit Baldur.ini
    You can now change
    'Window', 'w', '1280',
    'Window', 'h', '1024'

Anyone know how to do a simular trick in the Mac Appstore version ?
  • ChalnothChalnoth Member Posts: 1
    Crystark said:

For now, go to
    C:\Users\USER\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

Edit Baldur.ini
    You can now change
    'Window', 'w', '1280',
    'Window', 'h', '1024',

This doesn't work for me. I think these settings are only for the size of the window in windowed mode.

Right now, I am having significant difficulties because this game interacts badly with nVidia Surround. It doesn't support the full width of the 5760x1080 resolution my displays are set to, and it doesn't allow me to change the resolution to 1920x1080 (which would only display the game on the center monitor). I can, of course, run the game in a window or turn off nVidia Surround, but neither one of these are good solutions.