Skip to content

Am I farced with Dragomir and Hexxat?

So, I picked up Hexxat pretty early, and naturally I like to go out and adventure abit before I hit the quest grindstone. Level up and such so I can comfortabley get back into the style of the game without getting my backside served up medium rare. That having been said, shes near her last straw before she gives me the one fingered peace sign and tells me where to go, so i cave and take her to fight dragomir. I can't seem to get him below badly injured, let alone dead. I've got a save point directly next to him, summoning skills and the like to throw everyting down at once, but can't seem to do it. am I missing a key element to the fight with him or what? no weapons shell out damage, normal or magic. only my spells hurt but I burn through them and burn myself before I kill him. ... (4:17am post, sorry if it doesn't make much sense) ... How in the tin can do I beat him?

Comments

• 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    I killed him with 1 greater malison, ~ 5MMs, 5 acid arrows, and a couple of fireballs, a fire arrow and a cromatic orb, I think, he seems pretty vulnerable to magic. This was straight out of irenicus's dungeon, party: Dragon disciple, viconia, korgan, hexxat.

maybe you have some scrolls you can use to bump him down that last bit?

or: I found he doesn't tend to follow you round corners, so you might be able to leave him behind and take a sneaky nap to rework your spellbook
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    Key to most battles, Blackgaurd or Assassins with Poison, this ability is pure cheese :P Even bypass immune to weapons, so long as you hit, killed a great many mages this way.
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Take a mage like Neera with you, fire arrows and such can get him down
  • DoumanDouman Member Posts: 10
    Well, there are always traps for such cases :)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Sarevok's Sword.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited November 2013
    Some of the new content is pretty darn challenging if you go after it early on. There's a Boss fight in Neera's quest that made me have to abuse resting several times because my character wasn't equipped to handle it.

As for the dragomir fight specifically, try keeping him at the edge of the screen and getting him to come to you.. if you rush in too fast/far, there's a group of shades at the far end of the room that will join in and really make things tough.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    He has 10% magic resistance so most spells should work on him. Holy Smite, if you've got it (only for neutral/good clerics) would work fairly well against him. Just avoid using cold or electricity spells on him as he has a fairly high resistance to them (50%).
  • SilverEntitySilverEntity Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help, after about 40 reloads, I pulled it off. I missed out on some good loot already, but wasn't willing to start over to catch it. I think it came down to getting all my skills off at once, and landing 2 lucky crits all at the same time. Was rather comical, bout 60 or so reloads in total to try and kill him, the last one he was dead in 3 seconds... -_- thanks for the tips guys.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Glad to hear it :)