Skip to content

status of unfinished business

can't find anything here on the matter but what is going on with unfinished business? is anything actually implemented from it and I won't need it? if it is still a mod will it be ready soon?

Comments

• LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    Unfinished Business for BG2 appears to be in progress and might be released soon (PPG seems to be having a problem with links at the moment, but before that I checked the readme and noticed that it had been updated to v23 and said it was BG2EE compatible). Unfinished Business for BG1, on the other hand...
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    BG:EE would seem to be the problem child of the two when it comes to mods lol
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    UB is compatible with BG2:EE and downloadable on PPG (installed and tested briefly and had no problems)

On the other hand, I'm not sure its gonna happen soon for BG:EE...

Wait and see :)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    neoesprit said:

UB is compatible with BG2:EE and downloadable on PPG (installed and tested briefly and had no problems)

On the other hand, I'm not sure its gonna happen soon for BG:EE...

Wait and see :)

nice thank you for the news :) would I need to start a new game for it? I was only in Irenicus' dungeon when I was annoyed by the disappearing enemies and went to black pits instead.
    That should work fine I guess. I installed the mod before starting my game, but if you're still in Irenicus dungeon there's nothing you would have miss or quests triggered that are part of UB so you should be fine :)
    came back here wondering one last thing...

I made another thread asking if the new npcs unbalanced the xp. thank god they don't. however, does unfinished business add enough xp to unbalanced the game, leaving me in SOA so powerful poor Irenicus doesn't stand a chance?
    I don't think so. But even so, BG2:EE has an xp cap so if you didn't remove it with a mod, you don't risk to chop irenicus head off in one swing =p

As for the new npcs, xp earned is a little superior to the old ones and their mini quests but not to much as far as I've seen (I didn't pay to much attention but it didn't seem to much)
    neoesprit said:

I don't think so. But even so, BG2:EE has an xp cap so if you didn't remove it with a mod, you don't risk to chop irenicus head off in one swing =p

As for the new npcs, xp earned is a little superior to the old ones and their mini quests but not to much as far as I've seen (I didn't pay to much attention but it didn't seem to much)

but the xp cap is TOB's 8 million xp cap, isn't it? that is why I am worried for Irenicus :)

yeah I heard about 100k to 150k for hexxat when I asked and I thought to myself that I could get more with Jaheira romance content total :) (at least I think with as many quests as there are in that)
    If I'm not mistaken, the xp cap of SoA and Tob are not the same. It's two games in one and I'm not sure you can finish SoA and directly play ToB without having to quit SoA, load TOB and import your save to start the adventure ^^
    neoesprit said:

If I'm not mistaken, the xp cap of SoA and Tob are not the same. It's two games in one and I'm not sure you can finish SoA and directly play ToB without having to quit SoA, load TOB and import your save to start the adventure ^^

in the original if you had TOB installed when you finish the SOA section then you would automatically get the TOB intro after the SOA outro and begin TOB with your party, no importing required. Also I remember that you could go do watchers keep and make Irenicus a pushover with all the extra XP you get from that, putting you in TOB levels. I was just making sure that with this I would expect Irenicus to be a pushover.

luckily I am still not a pro at the game and this is my first time with SCS so I could still expect Irenicus to be a challenge even with a little extra xp than usual. I won't do any of WK until TOB because I still enjoy SOA not being a total pushover.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863

Not so, my friend. We are working on UB1 even as I write this. :)

neoesprit said:

in the original if you had TOB installed when you finish the SOA section then you would automatically get the TOB intro after the SOA outro and begin TOB with your party, no importing required. Also I remember that you could go do watchers keep and make Irenicus a pushover with all the extra XP you get from that, putting you in TOB levels. I was just making sure that with this I would expect Irenicus to be a pushover.

luckily I am still not a pro at the game and this is my first time with SCS so I could still expect Irenicus to be a challenge even with a little extra xp than usual. I won't do any of WK until TOB because I still enjoy SOA not being a total pushover.

neoesprit said:

Well with SCS I can assure you you're gonna need all the XP you can get to overcome the challenge... that and some pretty damn party optimization =p

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    neoesprit said:

Well with SCS I can assure you you're gonna need all the XP you can get to overcome the challenge... that and some pretty damn party optimization =p

I hope that's not the case. You *should* be able to complete SCS (on core difficulty, and recommended settings) with any reasonably-balanced party. (Obviously that's going to depend a bit on your playstyle and practice.)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2013
    Miloch said:

Not so, my friend. We are working on UB1 even as I write this. :)

Any ETA for this? We are waiting almost 1 year, what is the progress?

BTW, Does UB2 has (bugs-free) polish translation like UB1?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Etamin@
    Does UB2 has (bugs-free) polish translation like UB1?
    yes?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I heard there are some problems with non-english translations of mods. LiamEsler wrote
    "Please do not use non-English translations for mods, as it may cause freezes due to charset inconsistencies. I'm hoping to resolve this soon, but in the meantime -- stick to English translations only!"
    Just wanted to know if this is save to install this mod in polish.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Please do nooooot install non-English translations. They WILL crash your game right now.
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Did the Unfinished Business mod add the Robe of Vecna to BG2EE ? Or was it always there ?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2013

Did the Unfinished Business mod add the Robe of Vecna to BG2EE ? Or was it always there ?

Deidre and Joluv (one of which sells the robe of vecna) were bonus merchants included if you got pre-order/collector/whatever edition (can't remember what it was). I believe one of the components of Unfinished Business adds these merchants for people with the normal version of the game.

Edit: Oops, I think I may have misunderstood your question. The Robe of Vecna is available by default in BG2:EE, you do not need Unfinished Business.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    So, it's there in vanilla ? Because I bought it for about 24000 and Neera wears it. Now she casts spells instantly. Instantly !

It's almost like cheating, weird.
    SCS actually has a component that moves it to TOB, where you may need such cheesy items in something like ASCENSION
    Hmm, anyway thanks for the info, I just wanted to know if Unifinished Business was that unbalanced, but since it's in the vanilla ...
    Oohhh stumbled upon a bug, look here :
    http://imgur.com/E2XPhaD

On the upper floor of the Sea Bounty, while doing the Mae Var quest for Edwin it seems four people there have their text ids or something mixed up due to the Unfinished Business mod. This is the only mod I've installed, after the first patch for BG2EE some things showed "invalid id" so I reinstalled the mod and they got fixed, but now after quite a while I found this bug.

Halp !
    I don't even know where that came from. Something to do with the Boo missing quest? I already did that though and I got nothing like that, unless there is more to it later.
    edited December 2013
    I did that quest, too. I think it just happens that those 4 characters spout out text strings from that quest. Some id confusion, but how can I fix it best ? I don't get any dialogue options either.

I did that quest, too. I think it just happens that those 4 characters spout out text strings from that quest. Some id confusion, but how can I fix it best ? I don't get any dialogue options either.

it should be unfinished business, but I just don't know. it sure sounds like it because of the boo quest, but I recently did the Mae' Var quest and this didn't happen to me. Do you have other mods that may somehow be conflicting on this character? I have SCS and UB and it just didn't happen.
    I tried renaming the override folder and starting the game, that means the game is running 100% vanilla, right ? Nothing seems to have changed, those guys up there have screwed up names and screwed up dialogue.

Here is my savegame, please advise.
    http://www.wikiupload.com/4RK443ZCI34BRAU

Also, watching a YT playthrough I realized that's not Marcus among them, Marcus is a fat guy at the lower level, so disregard that completely. But what about those guys ?
    Woah I just remembered those are just some guys that Billy that little kid speaks to when the group follows him after Boo disappears ! So it's related to the UB mod, but I can safely ignore them.