Skip to content

Mod : Adrian NPC BG2:EE Bug [Fixed]

neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
edited November 2013 in General Modding
Hi, since I have no idea where to adress this I'll try over here. I've installed and started to play with Adrian for BG2:EE and it seems that there is a bug during his quest progression.

Just after confronting Tanya for the first time Adrian started to talk to me automatically in a loop with this dialog looping over and over :

"You glance at Adrian and find him tense and withdrawn. It is unlikely that he will react well to questioning at the moment"

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod, kick him from the group and getting him back, played an hour or so in hope that the next step of the quest will trigger (I had to keep him away from the main char at all time, cause if I was not in combat he's always starting conversation with the phrase above). I've even waited ten days in game hoping tanya would appear again asking for more gold...

I've had no luck whatsoever. I tried to take a look at the global variables on EE keeper but I've been away from modding for too long and I failed to identify what I should change to make the problem disapear. So if anyone here have an idea let me know =)
Post edited by neoesprit on

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    Oh, hey. Yeah, that's something that needs to be fixed on my end.

I just uploaded a new version at SHS which *should* solve that issue. Let me know if it doesn't.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013
    Ok I'm gonna check this out ! I found a way around by jumping from dialog 12 to 13 in global variables but I'm not sure if it didn't mess up the quest.

I kept a save game prior to the change I'm gonna test you new version and get back to you.

Edit : @Rhaella ok the new version fixed the problem thanks very much I'm starting to really appreciate this character by the way ^^

And my method did in fact messed up the quest, so I'm glad to have kept a save =p
    @neoesprit - Haha, looking at the variables, I don't think moving it to 13 would have actually *broken* the quest, but you would've had no idea how to proceed, so I suppose that's close enough.

Glad you're enjoying him, and I'm glad the fix worked properly. I don't *think* there's any other place where the upgrade for BG2EE could have broken anything, but feel free to prod at me if you run into any other problems. =)
  • impsyimpsy Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if this is the right place to share, but either I've run into a bug or I'm terribly confused, so either way I would appreciate some guidance. I'm supposed to take out the four people who work for Tanya, and my journal says that I've killed all four, but nothing has happened since and Adrian just yelled at me for not finishing it yet. I'm confused on what is supposed to happen next and I definitely don't want to miss out on the rest of his story!
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    After killing the four he should have told you to go back to tanya's room to finish the job ^^

Maybe you missed the line so try going back there and see what happens
    @impsy - the journal updates when you find them rather than when you kill them. Usually it amounts to the same thing, but if you've missed one, it's probably in Delosar's Inn. That one actually goes invisible, so you may think he's dead when he's not.
  • impsyimpsy Member Posts: 5
    @Rhaella - That was it!! Thank you!