Skip to content

Mod to prevent find traps from breaking stealth?

jaldenjalden Member Posts: 44
I like to scout the map and look for traps before bringing in the rest of the party. Being forced to leave shadows anytime I want to look for traps is a huge pain.

I know that thief/mages can get around this because trying to find traps doesn't break the effect of the invisibility spell. I'm doing a playthrough with an illusionist/thief for this reason. However, I would like to be able to try out a shadowdancer and a fighter/thief – but I'm currently unwilling to because of their limited ability to find traps while stealthed.

I can understand why disabling a trap would break stealth. But I think that my character should be able to look out for traps while sneaking around. Are there any mods that make it so looking for traps doesn't force you to unstealth?

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    in a roleplay point of view, looking for traps require much attention and is not a very stealthy activity... you look everywhere and while being prudent, I'm not sure being stealthy is a priority while doing so. And plenty of traps are in plain sight with no shadows to hide !

But that being said, it always bothered me not to be able to search for traps while hiding in shadows... maybe that should be a high level ability but I'm not sure on the feasibility of such a thing =/