Skip to content

Hit points bug when lvlup and new game?

torsnikstorsniks Member Posts: 7
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
been a while since i played, but why does my sorc with 17 con only start with 31 hp? thought she would start with 7x6hp at lvl 7... she got 6 hp on levelup though.

when korgan levelled up he got 7 hp when he turned lvl 9 or 10. that cant be intended or what?

Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    If the difficulty is set to Core or higher then hps are rolled randomly, not set to max. I think Normal is supposed to be the default difficulty, but you might want to check to see what it is set at for you.
  • torsnikstorsniks Member Posts: 7
    its on Core rules, yes... damn. i dont want my enemies to damage less than they should, but i still want maximum hp when i level up :(

thanks
  • DoveDeDomoPhoenixDoveDeDomoPhoenix Member Posts: 18
    Switch it down when you level up and then back up again right afterwards. Or you know just save and reload a million times till you roll max HP like we did in the old days ;)
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    @torsniks you could also install the BG2Tweaks from G3. It has a component called something like "Max HP on level up". It also works for NPC's that have yet to join your party. Optionally it can also give max hp to all monsters and enemies in the game (some have fixed hit-points already, but many do not).