Skip to content

Dropped items disappear when party rests (mild spoilers, I guess?)

Hi all, I'm just frustrated and looking for some help, ideas, anything!

I'm not sure whether it's a bug or intentional, but playing through BG2:EE I have found that when a character dies and drops all their stuff, if the party rests without picking it up, knowing they'll have a Raise Dead spell after sleeping or something like that, when the party wakes, all the dead character's stuff is gone. It's just disappeared, like the clean-up goblins came through while we were all asleep or something.

It seems to leave a few key items behind, a scroll case one time and the various heads of that three-headed flail in Nalia's Keep, for example. What it *didn't* see fit to leave behind was Dragomir's Cloak. Otherwise known as, the only thing that makes Hexxat a functional character.

I really want to keep using her, I really don't want to have to kick her out, but I've now lost the unique item that makes her playable. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know the item code for the cloak of Dragomir, or have any other suggestions? This isn't the first time this has happened, but it's the most frustrating time. I don't have a save I can go back and use either, like an IDIOT, I hit the quicksave button after it had happened.

Any help would be appreciated. :(

Comments