Skip to content

User Interface issue after patch

UnumUnum Member Posts: 23
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
I came back to BGEE after a long break, wanting to play it through before I get BG2EE. A big patch was downloaded and after that my user interface got all skewed. At least I have no recollection that it looked like this when I played a few months ago.

http://i.imgur.com/vN1t93W.jpg

The text area is sticking out on the left side and there is a gap between the third and fourth weapon slot. Its the same for my mage character.

I did a google but came up empty. Any one have any ideas and solutions?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited November 2013
    you have a gap there because its an unused/un-needed quickbar slot for your character type ( fighter) although I wouldn't know why the mage one would be empty, because you should be allowed 3 quick casts, infact I just checked, and my fighters and thieves have it empty while the spell casters have it full (F7 slot)
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Patch 1.2 changed the layout of the user interface, which is why it looks different than before. I don't see anything in your screenshot that would constitute a problem.
  • UnumUnum Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2013
    Emptiness said:

Patch 1.2 changed the layout of the user interface, which is why it looks different than before. I don't see anything in your screenshot that would constitute a problem.

Its not a problem, the game works. But its aesthetically odd looking. First you have weapons slot 1, 2 and 3, then a gap and then weapons slot 4. Same with a mage, weapons slot 1 and 2, then a spell slot, a gap and then the rest of the spells.

I imagine that they might have divided them up after the F-keys since the gap is between F4 and F5 and F8 and F9. But at the same time I can't imagine thats its working (looking) as intended. It just looks odd to me.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Unum said:

I imagine that they might have divided them up after the F-keys since the gap is between F4 and F5 and F8 and F9.

That's the intent.