Skip to content

Starting a new Sunday Group (GMT 20:00)

gavinjbgavinjb Member Posts: 10
Hi,

Looking at setting up a group to play BG on multiplayer on Sunday evenings (looking at starting around 20:00 GMT, UK Time) if anyone is interested.

I have played BG before, but as it has not been since it was originally released I am a bit rusty, so hoping to start with some players who are just starting to get the hand of the game again. As part of playing looking at investigating quests etc and not just running through as quickly as possible.

I am also in the process of setting up a Mumble Server that can be used for voice chat while playing if players are interested (bandwidth permitting)

If you are interested please post below.

Thanks,

Gavin,

Comments

• SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    i'd interested in joining. Im in the UK. I've played the starting areas a fair bit and I played through once way back when the original came out but it really has been a long time.
    A quick question, do you plan to use the beamdog matchmaking or use IP as I've not had great luck with getting a stable game with the matchmaking.
  • gavinjbgavinjb Member Posts: 10
    This is my first time using Multiplayer so was going to use beamdog, but if you say it has not been stable I will give IP a try.
  • SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
    Use Hamachi if your going to run a party. Until they upgrade Beamdog servers there not gonna do so great.
    Thanks for the advise, I have never used Hamachi before, but have now got it setup, I will send you details for session I will create tonight
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I am very interested! I live in Norway, so 20.00 gmt is a good time for me.
    all the better, I will send you connection details by PM, looking at possibly using Hamachi as well.
    Hamachi re-downloaded :)
    Are you using Mumble or other? If so I'll go get it downloaded
    yes we are on Mumble, hopefully should make it easier for us
    ok, have downloaded it, what/ how do I join the server you're using?
    I sent you the details in a PM, if you just enter the address, port number and use the password i sent you should be able to connect
    hmm..dont have any message in my inbox :(
    ah never mind got it
    Awesome evening. Look forward to next week. :D
    I second that was great fun. I will make sure that Mumble is up and running for 7:00 this coming Sunday (and I will make sure it doesn't shut down halfway through this time ;) )
    Sounds good! Just remembered that we get BG2EE this weekend tho, tempting to play that instead X)
    Another great session this last Sunday, looking forward to next Sunday see you all at 19:00
    Sorry I couldnt make it, I was out of town.
    No Problem, we thought you might have got a bit engrossed in BGIIEE :)