Skip to content

Help with Kivan in BG1:EE

So I have not played BG1:EE for some time, and thought that with the new update 1.2 and BG2:EE, I would complete BG1:EE.

When i log in too all my save games with my lvl 6 archer (around chapter 3, day 40) Kivan allways leaves!
I have not gone to the bandit camp yet.
So what happend with update 1.2 and kivan?

He leaves because I have not gone to the bandit camp, right?
So, if I go back a reroll a character, by what in-game day should I haved checked in at the bandit camp, if kivan is with me, so he dont run away?

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I don't know the answer to your question, but you can probably use EEKeeper to alter your save file and extend the timer. You just have to find the correct variable and change it.
  • JnnJnn Member Posts: 34
    After you recruit him kivan gives you about 10 days, give or take few, to clear the bandit camp. At some point he gives you a heads up about that and i think after that you have 3 days.

If you know how to use EEkeeper you can change Kivan's global variable (findbandits) or something similar to that.
    By default i think its 1, and if you change it to 2 thats the same as clearing the bandit camp, and he wont leave anymore.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You have 20 days from the time you recruit him if you get him in Chapter 1, 14 days if you get him in Chapter 2, and 7 days if you get him in Chapter 3.
  • CenerCener Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2013
    I think there is a bug here.

Since I have cleared the bandit camp with him in my party.
    The funniest part is that, his first complaint was in front of the bandit leaders's tent...

Then few days later he just decided to leave my group, saying that I hadn't cleared the camp, but he was in the party who killed all the leaders and all the bandits...
    Kivan: when are we going to the bandit camp, I want vengeaaaaaaance
    Charnmae: Kivan... we are in front of their leaders tent...

Was done on a game created with the last version of the game.

For information, if it can help, in the camp, I didn't enter into any tent/cave except the bandit leaders's tent.
    I killed every bandits outside and all the leaders.
    I also couldn't report to officer Vay, since she totally disapered from the Beregost tavern after the leaders kill !!!
    (wanted to sell her those damn scalps)