Skip to content

a question about dual classing and weapon profs

jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
edited November 2013 in New Members Welcome Area
if I take 2 shortbow profs as a fighter and then dual to thief and take 1 prof in shortbow, will I have 3 when I reactivate the first class?

thanks in advance

Comments

• WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    dont think so, no.
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    No, you will lose the prof point. You are better off taking something completely different while leveling your second class, you will then have both with you get your first class back. Unfortunately, that may mean you lack proficiency with certain weapons until you regain your first class abilities.
  • DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2013
    No, you do not. Points you spend on the same weapon class (the one you raised while in your initial class) in your second class, after regaining old class, are lost permanently. Generally, when beginning as a fighter and dualling after, it is a good idea to invest points into weapons that your second class cannot choose; but only provided that your second class possible weapons/armor restrictions won't ban you entirely from even equipping said weapon. Example: A wizardslayer, before dual to thief, gets grandmastery to long bows. Upon becoming a thief, you cannot put points to long bows. But after regaining your class, you are both grandmaster to it still and able to equip one. Generally, as a side note, before you dual to a thief, pick ANY mastery safely, because Use Any Item HLA will make certain that you can use and equip it.

And before you dual, it is wise to spend points to different weapons than after dual. Because they do not stack and get lost/wasted thusly.