Skip to content

Herding Cats? Knew this would be hard but come on...

Has anyone managed to get the cats you're supposed to collect for one of Neera's Wild Mage friends to stay in their inventory for more than 2 seconds?
The description says they have a 5% chance every two rounds of escaping but I have literally not been able to get one to stay in my inventory for longer than two seconds before it jumps back out again :/

Comments

• HoniahakaHoniahaka Member Posts: 4
    Don't know if this is a bug or if I'm not doing something right or what, but it's extremely frustrating
  • HoniahakaHoniahaka Member Posts: 4
    Feel like an idiot now, for anyone having the same issue, the cats will follow you if you use the food on them. Make them follow to the end of the map, scoop them up and go to the hidden refuge
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    We're all humans and make mistakes sometimes! Well done on finding the solution!
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    LOL I love it! Yes, use the cat food
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Honiahaka said:

Feel like an idiot now, for anyone having the same issue, the cats will follow you if you use the food on them. Make them follow to the end of the map, scoop them up and go to the hidden refuge

Had the same issue.
    That quest was absolutely not clear :(
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Aye; this quest is the only biff with this game that I have so far. This is a fetch quest of the worst breed.
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Just finished the cat quest. I was really tempted to just SetGlobal("ohn_found_cats","long","8")... but I didn't.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I loved and hated that quest too.
    I found it brillant (it's not easy to create a new original quest), but it took me 30 minutes to finish it...
    Anyway, I received a cat as a "reward"... is it supposed to be useful in any way?
    After a while I simply gave it back (and the quest became completed in my journal), but I wonder if I should have to keep the cat (Keep the cat, always keep the cat)....
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    lol i couldn't say no to the cat, but I always put it on another NPC. And they always give back the cat if I reform them out of the party. I can't get rid of my cat without feeling really guilty!
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    I have said this before but...

You're a bastard son of a god.
    You destroy evil beholder cults.
    You hunt down evil-doers.
    Rescue people from the clutches of evil.
    Or you can eradicate everybody in your way.

And somedays, you're searching cats for a nut.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    I can't help it if my character loves cats. She owns two.
  • EleassarEleassar Member Posts: 11
    I know from different comments on the forum that you're supposed to get a cat (supposedly called dings) as reward. I always get a magical bell collar though. So, what am I doing wrong? I really want the cat!