Skip to content

Neera's Questline *BGII:EE SPOILERS*

LorosfyrLorosfyr Member Posts: 18
I just started doing Neera's questline recently and scooped up the plethora of quests in the camp.
After traveling back to the city and retrieving the hairband for Mereth I figured that I would just gather up as many related quests so that I could turn them all in at once and save me the travel time.
However... after returning and finding the camp destroyed I went to purge the Thayan Enclave with the hope that Mereth would be inside and that I could complete my quest.
However, imagine my surprise to find her absent... I returned to the camp and again she is missing.
Am I hooped? Or does she show up again somewhere in the world so that I can turn in this hairband?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You can't complete the quest after the refuge is destroyed. We may add a "quest failed" entry to make this clearer.
    Wilko
  • LorosfyrLorosfyr Member Posts: 18
    Great... does anybody know the CluaConsole code to spawn her, perhaps? >.>
    ohnmeret
  • LorosfyrLorosfyr Member Posts: 18
    And that's the story of how Jalily and Lorosfyr became best friends forever...
  • GeoffreyGeoffrey Member Posts: 5
    Bravo a child of bhaal has to run after cats and they can even escape from inventory great storyline beamdog. Please delete this quest from the game its a shame.
    FredB
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Geoffrey said:

Bravo a child of bhaal has to run after cats and they can even escape from inventory great storyline beamdog. Please delete this quest from the game its a shame.

They have like a 5% chance. Just deliver them in batches of 3 or so and you should be fine.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Lorosfyr said:

I just started doing Neera's questline recently and scooped up the plethora of quests in the camp.
    After traveling back to the city and retrieving the hairband for Mereth I figured that I would just gather up as many related quests so that I could turn them all in at once and save me the travel time.
    However... after returning and finding the camp destroyed I went to purge the Thayan Enclave with the hope that Mereth would be inside and that I could complete my quest.
    However, imagine my surprise to find her absent... I returned to the camp and again she is missing.
    Am I hooped? Or does she show up again somewhere in the world so that I can turn in this hairband?
    This is intentional behavior.
    Successful completion of quests given by Hidden Refuge inhabitants is a condition for their survival/re-appearance.

• alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    edited November 2013
    Spoiler: [ When does the camp gets destroyed? So basically you Need to finish all quests before? ]
    alaundo said:

Spoiler: [ When does the camp gets destroyed? So basically you Need to finish all quests before? ]

After you save Daxus, so basically once you do the quest for Telana.
    Wilko
    ok thx, guessed so..
  • DashivaDashiva Member Posts: 35
    This bummed me out immensively. Lost out on all quests except 1. Guess I will have to replay it with another CHARNAME... which I intended to do anyway, but still, quite annoying.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Geoffrey said:

I find it very... unappropriate for a selfish evil son of a b... child of Bhaal, but it would be a lesson of humility for all the "legal good" child of bhaal, and I like that thing.
    Helping people it's not only about showing the muscles to the world.
    Purudaya
    Seems that when you try to take all 8 cats at once they jump outa your inventory and he wont recognize it you saved them ^^.
    alaundo said:

Seems that when you try to take all 8 cats at once they jump outa your inventory and he wont recognize it you saved them ^^.

If they jumped out while you were in the Hidden Refuge map, that's intentional and they should count as found. A few might have wriggled out while you were walking through the forest.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    From what I've gathered they don't jump out of the inventory if their quantity per character equals 1. So I approached each cat with each of my six party members and everyone got themselves a cat. Then I went back to the refuge and got 6 cats accounted for. So after that I needed to gather only 2.
    I dunno if that's a bug, but it's certainly amusing - in real life it too is quite difficult to have more than 1 cat in your hands.
    They just have a 5% chance each, so with a low number of cats the chances of one of them jumping out of your pack is rather slim. I've definitely had one jump out when it was the only one there.
  • I also had one jump out when it was the only one in my pack. I'm a bit paranoid (I have cats IRL so I know they have minds of their own), so I took them back one by one. Yes, it took forever. There is a reason it's called 'herding cats'. :D
  • maerduinmaerduin Member Posts: 21
    Just curious... Did anyone pick up on the silly allegory involving these cats?
  • JerrinJerrin Member Posts: 12
    maerduin said:

Just curious... Did anyone pick up on the silly allegory involving these cats?

Considering its a crazy wild mage who named 'em, I'd say it isn't *that* far out there. I'm just wondering what's up with the reward he gives me. Been lugging it around forever now, and I've not found a single use for it.
    maerduin
    ok thx guys will try to get them one by one.
    randomusername
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    I thought the cat quest was fun! Definitely different. But then, I like pets. ;)

I am sad though, that they conveniently make you go to one place for two quests.... but you shouldn't do them at the same time. :( That definitely wasn't clear to me, and now I'm going to feel guilty for the entire rest of the game.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Seriously, what does the cat he gives you do? And the mechanical bird that Neera gives you? What does this thing do?
  • As far as I could tell, the cat doesn't do anything. But the mechanical bird plays a role in a conversation involving Neera in ToB.
  • QuarkQuark Member Posts: 1
    Ardanis said:

Lorosfyr said:

This is intentional behavior.
    Successful completion of quests given by Hidden Refuge inhabitants is a condition for their survival/re-appearance.

rant about Neera/Hexxat quests spoilered:

Here's my issue with this. The quest flow is just terrible. Let's go with Neera.

1) Find Mereth in Bridge District (but not your first time there).
    2) Encounter Neera.
    3) Go to Hidden Refuge, which tells you to ...
    4) Go to Bridge District
    5) *NOW DON'T CLEAR BRIDGE DISTRICT, ONLY DO MERETH'S PART*
    6) Go to Hidden Refuge
    7) Go to Bridge District
    8) Go to Hidden Refuge

Is it any wonder people end up with Mereth dead? Some of us are just trying to not backtrack 500 times, and thus missing how important #5 is.

As for Hexxat, tossing me in to the specific dungeon with 3 mind flayers the instant I entered the Graveyard District is just cruel. Yes, I know I couldn't return. No, I didn't expect it the instant I entered the district. I expected an option when I entered her tomb.
    Quartz
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Quark You can always put off Hexxat's quests by design, and then just talk to her while in the Graveyard district to initiate it. This will be made more clear in the next patch.
  • ilpomoilpomo Member Posts: 3
    Jalily said:

ohnmeret

I tried to put this code in the console, but it doesn't works:

lua: syntax error;
    > last token read "eof" at line 1 in file (dostring) >> ohnmeret

I need to respawn this girl to complete her mini-quest. I've already completed all the others mini-quests, and Neera's main quest.

Thank you for help.
  • ilpomoilpomo Member Posts: 3
    No one can help me with the code? :(
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    C:CreateCreature("ohnmeret")
    JuliusBorisovilpomo
  • MoonseaMoonsea Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2015
    I hate to complain because the EE is great. But most of the new NPCs and their quests are so bugged, broken and down-right annoying. I had numerous problems with Hexxat's tomb quests. For Dorn's quests, it took me 4 tries (reloads) to get Azothet to appear at the summoning circle in the tree using the dialogue option. Then when I start Neera's part, I told her I would meet her at the camp, only to find out she is the only way to get into the camp. So I re-load to an earlier autosave and add her to my party, only to find out Edwin will force you to choose between him and her. So I re-load again, leave Edwin behind, get Neera and go into the camp. Then I find out one of the quests there overlaps with Rasaad's quests. But I angered him in our initial meeting, so that is not possible anymore. Most of the new NPC quests don't properly update in your journal. I know all of this stuff is optional but it has been incredibly annoying and time-consuming. Overall I am really disappointed with the new NPC content. Just my thoughts.
    Post edited by Moonsea on
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Neera's quest is not bugged anyhow, really. The cat quest is a pain in the ass, but besides that it s not so different from some of the vanilla quests.
    Hexxat's quest is particularly full of bugs but really that's the only one.