Skip to content

How to open the console in BGII.EE

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem with the customization of the baldur.ini file. I want to type the 'Debug Mode=1' under the Program Options line so that i could get the cheats for the infinite gold. I already played this game a long time ago & i had the windows xp installed & it wasn't a problem to fix it with the note pad but now, since i'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate, when i open it with the note pad, everything is mixed up. Tried to open it with the word pad too but still can't do it. any help pls? Thanks

Comments

• DeathKnightDeathKnight Member Posts: 93
    Since the only thing you need is infinite gold, do not worry. In 2, you can literally raise a fortune by selling gems, scrolls, etc. There are some tricks, something like selling things to people accepting stolen goods, pickpocketing them and reselling. Or like the thief HLA of making potions and scrolls. Sell those. But the best trick is to be in multiplayer, import a character carrying expensive items, sell everything, save, load, import him anew, and repeat. The last one, i am not sure if it works now, though... Anyway, good luck! You totally NOT need the console, in 2!
  • ZERSTORERZERSTORER Member Posts: 6
    Ok thanks very much Death Knight. I'll try that one out :)