Skip to content

ETA on first BGII:EE patch?

SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
Well, title says it all.
I'm excited to play, but can't play much thanks to work. Now I'm a bit happy about that, after hearing about bugs and problems with NPC quests. So could you guys tell us when can we expect a fix?
Love y'all!

Comments

• Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    I am going to take a little break until the first patch is out. I just crashed for the third time, and it was right after a tough fight that I had re-loaded multiple times and just finally beaten. I mean, immediately after while I was looting corpses. Bwaaaah!

I love all the fixes, little quests, conversations and encounters that I never remember from vanilla, but I can't handle crashing anymore!
  • DreadandDreamsDreadandDreams Member Posts: 3
    Found a bug in Neera's quest line where she continually acts as though she's being clicked on. It was so annoying I just reloaded and started doing something else till a patch comes out.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    i guess i will stay with BG1 as i want to play bg2ee bugless.. or at least without crashes.
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    @DreadandDreams I had the same bug with neera when I first met her, but it went away after I reloaded my autosave from just before meeting her.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Those who have a bug with Neera, can you describe where it happens (the dialogue line also if possible)?
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    @Miloch What happens is that Neera won't leave dialogue mode. Unless Neera (and only Neera) is in the process of following a command (i.e walking somewhere, or casting a spell) she continually utters selection dialogue, as if you were clicking on her portrait. It's not just one specific line, it seems to be the whole random selection dialogue list, repeated at random nonstop.

This happened to me from the moment when she first joined my party in the Wild Forest. I couldn't save my game as I was stuck in dialogue mode with Neera so I reloaded the autosave from entering the area. I haven't been able to replicate this though, so I'm really not sure how it happened.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    I am told the Neera issue has been fixed (and thus will likely make it in the first patch).
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Nice! :-)
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    Miloch said:

Those who have a bug with Neera, can you describe where it happens (the dialogue line also if possible)?

I met Neera in the Wild Forest and declined to recruit her to my party, which resulted in her disappearing and according to reports on this forum go inside the camp thus making me unable to enter the camp since I need her to help me get allowed in.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Miloch said:

I met Neera in the Wild Forest and declined to recruit her to my party, which resulted in her disappearing and according to reports on this forum go inside the camp thus making me unable to enter the camp since I need her to help me get allowed in.
    This will be fixed in the patch we're finalizing now.