Skip to content

Least evil "evil" EE characters?

InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
I'm looking through a play through with a True Neutral SD. I am typically a good guy in BG but since I always rob people blind, take advantages of situations but never attack innocents etc., I figured true neutral would actually fit my characters much better (let's face it the reputation system sucks if I can rob anyone I want and have 20 rep).

So I was looking at a mixed party and wanted to know how viable the BG2EE characters were on that scale. For example, Dorn was pretty good as an Evil guy in BG1EE. Quest for bloody vengeance, while also seemingly loyal and trustworthy, if pragmatic and violent. How viable is he for a mixed party in BG2EE? And what about Hexxat?

Basically I'm looking for evil characters that don't drag me into doing imbecilic evil things such as slaughtering innocents for the heck of it. Viconia for example is an evil character that can easily fit into a mixed party as she's never explicitly looking to do evil, she's outright refused to do evil things when confronted with killing babies etc. and won't make your party do stupid evil things.

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499

Basically I'm looking for evil characters that don't drag me into doing imbecilic evil things such as slaughtering innocents for the heck of it.

Pretty damn sure you don't want Dorn lol.
  • InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    Really? He was quite ok in BG1EE.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    edited November 2013
    His opening quest really wouldn't be to your tastes unless you find that "because his demon master wants it" is a sufficient enough deviation from "for the heck of it".

I guess you can rein him in a little on it, didn't try, but for sure it makes him happy if you do go wild and crazy with the slaughter.
    edited November 2013
    Ahahahah I guess not. That really is a big deviation from what he was in BG1EE, just out for personal vendetta.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    For the new NPCs, Hexxat is definitely more a pragmatic evil. If you have room for a thief in your party and you aren't taking particularly churchy good characters into your party, she'll fit in nicely. Dorn is very into the blood and gore. He has reasons for killing (because his patron demands it) but he definitely loves it independently of the patron. My char was Chaotic Neutral and thought he was being very over the top.

I think Dorn leans to stupid evil because he always wants to make a bad decision and you have to talk him out of it and then he acts all grumpy about it. I don't mind him serving his patron and being evil, it's the over the top way he wants to do it. "Why kill one person, when we can kill ALL THE PEOPLE" basically.

He's a fun character if your playing unapologetically baby kicking evil, but not really if you are playing cautious opportunistic evil.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the info AcridSyphilis. I really don't mind pragmatic members but I think that even if I did an absolutely evil playthrough I wouldn't pick up a character like you described, it's just cartoon evil more than anything else really.

I was thinking about picking up hexxat in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24960/questions-about-hexxat-party-roles-spoilers-i-guess#latest thread but I'm still considering it because I'm an SD.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    He does have more depth than I'm describing, but I found travelling with him personally to be a little frustrating. His BG2 personal quest's plot is interesting to me, I just found the choices he wanted to make were essentially creating a death wish. It was like he was unable to fathom the idea of consequences.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    I don't know Hexxat very good as I just met her, but perhaps one of her statements (when Charname considers of taking in the party) perhaps shows her attitude quite well. She says (analogously):
    I will do everything to survive. Everything.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Hurrm, I always considered Viconia less evil than the other evil guys.
    I mean, she has morals and her only actually evil outlook on the world is that in her opinion everyone is an idiot. She believes in "the strong ones eat the weak ones". She is definetly a lot more neutral than evil. I mean, you do get the opportunity to shift her alignment for reasons.
    Edwin is not that evil in my opinion either. He is awfully full of himself and egoistic, but he won't run around and cause a blood bath just for the fun of it.

Not to mention that these two are extraordinary useful for they are the best at what they do.
    Plus, they are really entertaining.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Hexxat seems fairly 'un-evil', but Viconia is pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to the morally questionable NPCS of BG2
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013

"Why kill one person, when we can kill ALL THE PEOPLE" basically.

@AcridSyphilis "There are hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of people we can be slaying right now, and we do nothing!"

Hexxat seems fairly 'un-evil', but Viconia is pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to the morally questionable NPCS of BG2

@recklessheart Hexxat strikes me as careful evil, not stupid evil.
  • The original Bioware Evil NPCs pretty much all fit into mixed parties (aside from the specific cases where they will clash with good NPCs). Korgan's personal quest in BG2 is not unlike Dorn's quest in BG1, and after that he's just a particularly bloodthirsty mercenary. Edwin's pretty evil, but he's like Invader Zim: He has plans for world domination that would be bad news for everyone else, but he's just so bad at it that he becomes ludicrous rather than threatening. I haven't gotten far enough into Hexxat's quest line yet to see if there will ultimately be any major baby-killing endeavors.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Agreed that Hexxat isn't really all that evil. I've said it before, but (so far) I feel like her alignment comes from
    being a vampire.

But I'm not far into her quests, so I don't know, maybe she eats a bunch of babies later on.

I'm also not far into Dorn's quests, so I don't know how evil he gets, either. His intro quest was "Let's kill everyone!" and I was like "Let's not" and he was like "Okay." So he doesn't seem as bad as I hear.
  • @rdarken I think her evil mainly comes from being willing to do anything to survive (as @morrandirr mentions). After all, she does...
    dominate and kill an innocent woman to secure her own release from the tomb. That's not "muahahaha slaughter everything!" evil, but it's still pretty evil.

That said, I can totally see a neutral character overlooking said circumstances and writing it off as a regrettable action necessary for survival.