Skip to content

[Known 7187] Dorn Romance Bug (Not taking refusals) *Spoilers*

BlackburnBlackburn Member Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
OK... so I have a party made up of Minsc, Neera, Aerie, Nualia and Dorn. We just dealt with the planar prison, after which I had conversations with Aerie, Neera and Dorn.

I had an off-screen sparring match with Dorn, after which he hit on my character. I told him I wasn't interested. Then I went to finish off the Skinner questline.

The bug happened when I went into the Skinner's lair and one of the other characters commented on the smell. Dorn suddenly came up to me and repeated the lines from after we had sparred. I turned him down again. Then he initiated the same conversation again. Then again. Then again!

He really won't take no for an answer. Suggestions for fixing this?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• ChinookUTChinookUT Member Posts: 32
    I have encountered this as well, also on the Tanner's first basement floor. I fixed it by sending Dorn back up to the building's main floor alone, then back down.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited November 2013
    I also had that conversation in tanner house, but there was no loop. Strangely however, party used "rest", right after I declined Dorn's proposal. I did not initiate rest in any way. Very odd place to rest that was. And I did not had any off-screen sparring before that.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Could one of you upload a save with the problem?
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    @Jalily
    I dont have a save from that location, but this is my latest save, done about 30 minutes after that incident.
  • AnthedonAnthedon Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2013
    ^

The same thing happened to me. Dorn levelled up inside the planar prison. When I level him up, he proceeds to hit on me when I pick the refusal option. When I pick the "You are very observant." dialogue, his questline continues as planned. It also happened in the Skinner's lair, but sending him upstairs fixed it at that point in time.

A save file is attached (I left the planar prison at this point, but the bug is still there when you level him up).

Apparently Dorn is powerful enough to even break your game when you show him the cold shoulder.
    I have not yet been to the planar prison. For me the initial spar/conversation occurred in one of the Graveyard District's small tombs. It did not loop repeatedly until the Tanner's basement.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    To fix it, put your cursor over Dorn and enter this:
    C:SetGlobal("ohd_sparring","locals",2)
    This issue re-presented itself during

The retrieval of Hexxat's second artifact, the shroud

and I attempted the console command @Jalily suggested. It didn't work. It's possible I did it incorrectly, as I'm completely new to console use.

Here's a saved game.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @ChinookUT Can you try reloading that save after the new patch has been applied and tell me if the issue is fixed? Dorn should initiate a conversation re: his quest.
    @LiamEsler Appears to be working. Thanks! At the time of my post the patch notes didn't mention a fix for this, and I would have waited if I knew it would be included.