Skip to content

where's the original Ring of Wizardry??

Hey all... in BGII:EE ... I can't locate the old ring of wizardry. I googled it and found out that the old "magic missile machine gun" which doubled our First Level mage spells has been replaced with a ring called the Reaching Ring, which is attached to the PC Mage quest. Obviously I could use the cheat to generate item code RING08 but it creates the Reaching Ring, not the original 1st-level spells Ring. I really want the original Ring... anyone know if or where it can be found or if there is a new code for it?

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    It doesn't exist in BG2 and you don't need it with the increased level cap.

Try using MMM as your staple BG2 spell instead of MM.
  • maveric28maveric28 Member Posts: 7
    Dang.... well poop. Guess I can always just create 50 MM scrolls and 50 MMM scrolls and go to town that way... hmmm....
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Evermemory is ring47 in BGEE but BG2EE has a different ring47, as you already discovered. It would be possible to copy Evermemory from BGEE, give its .itm file a different name, import its description, and then have both it and Reaching Ring at the same time if you wanted to. I might do that but it depends upon how many mages end up in my party...once I actually start playing the game, that is.