Skip to content

Staff of Magi

LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
I wanted to tell you that I just defeated Shangalar and his merry group of sidekicks and I absolutely love what you did to Staff of Magi. I don't know if this has been brought up, but just wanted to say - great job :)

Comments

• KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    @Lathlaer screenshot of the new staff???? :D
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Lathlaer said:

I wanted to tell you that I just defeated Shangalar and his merry group of sidekicks and I absolutely love what you did to Staff of Magi. I don't know if this has been brought up, but just wanted to say - great job :)

What happened to it?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    I wasn't aware anything was done with it. To be honest though I haven't played BG2 (original) in long enough that I probably couldn't tell even if there was a change :)
  • This item, like several others, has been given a new icon and graphic. I too love the look!
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    edited November 2013
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    It doesn't strike as a +5 weapon anymore?
    The last screenie shows that it does +1 damage and to-hit, but strikes as a +5 weapon.
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    Thank Erephine (author of the 1pp mod) since it's her work.
    Oh right, I didn't see that.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Akihiko said:

Some screenies.

imageimageimageimage
    Yes, precisely what I meant.

On a completely unrelated note, do you mind sharing your main char's picture? I absolutely love it :)

• selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    Where can you find this wonder weapon?
    edited November 2013
    selkyra said:

Where can you find this wonder weapon?

You have to fight Shangalar in the Bridge District (you need Rogue Stone to enter one of the buildings; it will teleport you to the sanctuary of the Twisted Rune). Be careful - the fight isn't the easiest. There is lich Shangalar and Layene (another mage who casts exactly like lich - the whole time stop, protection from evil, meteor swarm and gate sequence), Vaxall (beholder), Revenak (thief) and one Vampire. Shyressa takes loads of levels with each strike (more than a normal vampire).

Basically if you don't do it right (or if you are not very high level), your party members will be dying and you will have no idea what is killing them :D

Also, you cannot leave the sanctuary until you kill them.

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Talking about Shangalar quest, I remember that it's somehow related to the guarded compound quest, and that sonewhere there's a rogue stone slightly different from the others, wich gives you a hint about shangalar.
    Do I remember correctly? And wich is exactly the connection?
    Now that you mention it, it's embarrasing but I don't remember. I guess that's what you get after playing the game multiple times. You just know you need the stone to get there for the Staff. Just as you know that you go to the Compound to get Celestial Fury :)
    edited November 2013
    This staff is the reason why loads of people make Kensai / Mages with 5 points in Quaterstaffs.

It does rubbish damage, but of you want to do damage you just use BBOD.
    edited November 2013
    @Lathlaer I went to bed early so I didn't see your post, but now that I'm awake here ya go!
    RedL.bmp 203.7K